1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20ga Versalite wads (DownRange) ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ec90t, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've been reloading my 20 ga hulls (primarily Remington) with RXP wads. I had some of the claybuster waa20 wads but they didn't work too well. The claybusters seemed a bit too tall to get a good crimp.

My question is, how does the height of the 20ga versalite compare to that of the rxp.

ec90t

2. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

the DR versalite wad is great for loading those remington hulls with 7/8 loads.

3. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I use those Downrange Versalites too in my Sporting loads. I stick to the RXP for skeet though. One thing to remember with the DRV-20's is that they will pattern tighter and denser than the average wad just like the 12 gauge version does. The petals on the DRV-20 wads (like the 12 ga. version) are thicker and stiffer than most other wads making them pattern about a choke tighter in my experience. I'm sure many on here will agree with me that this exact property of the Versalite wad makes the 12 gauge version one fine handicap trap wad. ....Rick

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hatshooter and Rick,

Thanks for the info! That's the kind of info I was looking for. I guess I'll be stocking up on two different wads for my 20ga.

ec90t

5. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

thanks for the imfo too, guys I have noticed thise versalite wads smoke 27 yd targets a little harder myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 gauge loads with downrage verselite wad