1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

20ga choke question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 12ShotTwo, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Most of the tme I shoot 7/8oz loads with full choke in my KS-5 for singles. I'm thinking of having Kolar make me a choke for trap for my 20ga tube set. Does a 20ga full give me about the same results as a 12 ga full in a 7/8oz load? This is only for recreational shooting so I can travel with just my skeet gun. Thanks for your help. Joe

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

20ga. will give you a little longer shotstring, on paper they will look very similar. 7\8 is still 7\8, borrow a 20ga. & shoot a few patterns with 7\8 & compare the results then go shoot a few 16yd.. tgts I doubt that you'll notice much difference, may even help if you have a tendency to overlead. Keep your muzzle velocities as near the same as possible. Ross Puls

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

From what I've patterned at 35 yards, I get the majority of pellets in the 20" circle. Almost like an X-full would look like in 12 gauge.

Wayne

4. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Thanks guys for your inputs, I think what wayne said makes cents. I found this chart by briley comparing chokes for different gauges. I wonder what criteria they used to determine the choke sizes for the subgauges if a LF in 20ga is simular to a Full in 12ga? Joe

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.