1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

209 primer comparison

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BBob, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBob

BBob TS Member

I know I saw a post that had a site that compared 209 primers. I did a search but did not find it. Anyone know of such a site? I use Chedites and can't find much info on them. Thanks, Bill

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bill, best way to handle this is to go to your powder company and call them or E-mail them as to the load your looking for with that primer. Go to Alliantpowder.com or Hodgdon.com. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Primer charts are only relative to the powder that was used for the test. They may give you a false sense of being safe.

If you do not want the spend the money having unpublished loads tested, just load one or two levels below the fastest load listed for the powder you want to use.

Jason

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Primers are not generally interchangeable. They can have different results in different loads. If your intent is primer substitutions, it's best to stick with published data. You can also ask the powder companies or send your own loads out for pressure testing. The Nobel Sport was once listed as a replacement for the Winchester W209. They are different diameters and I haven't seen the note about them interchanging in recent data.

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

If you're looking for differences in dimensions then TS member UNKNOWN1 posted the source some time ago. Pasted below. The link to that thread is also pasted below.

-------------------------------------------------

Subject: Cheddite dimensions?......
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Apr 22, 2010 - 09:12 PM ET
    Website Address:

"MK, that's pretty official looking. Where did you get the charts?"
    They are in the online issue #4 of Trapshooting USA Magazine, page 50, article entitled "Primer Differences" by Tom Cerreto.

Change the number in the page counter from "1" to "50" and click the blue arrow.

MK

-----------------------

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/message.cfm?messageid=629014

-------------

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
209 primer comparison

209 primer comparison chart

209 primers comparison