1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 The Funniest Stuff you have seen while at the Trap Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by George MT., Jan 9, 2017.

1. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Ok so this one has probably happened other places but we had a woman show up to shoot winter league and was wearing a orange life vest over her winter coat because she was anticipating a lot of recoil from her shotgun.
    Fortunately after some of us took a look at her gear--BT-99 with ok recoil pad/standard shells(league is 50 shells per week) we convinced her that the trade off of the added length of pull was just not worth the trouble....never mind the inconsistent gun mount.

big kahuna, llukesh and WadHopper thanked this.
  2. WadHopper

WadHopper He's not all there is he?

Not a life vest by any means but I had a guy show up wearing a full tactical vest with shells shoved in about every orifice imaginable. I just shook my head and gave him one of my spare vests. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, we go out for a practice and after the first station he ran out of shells...I told him one box, 5 per post. He thought I said one shell for five posts.

3. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

This isn't funny but happened at our club yesterday. A young lady works very hard at a dairy farm in our area. 2 years ago a bunch of help quit and she milked all shifts morning and night by herself for a couple weeks until they found more help. She took her check and rewarded herself with a grade 7 725 sporting clays. Yesterday it was 15 degrees and had trouble closing her gun. She was trying over and over to snap it shut a little roughly and broke her stock off at the wrist area. I hope that Browning will stand behind it for her and not take all year. I feel bad for her. Beautiful gun too.

4. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

We have done the confetti in a shell for our porch shoot in the past. Usually ends up with the guy out for blood

5. SecondChance

SecondChance Active Member

Saw 1 guy show up with a snow goose extension on his gun and thought that we just "Stuffed er full" and went at it and then reloaded when we got to the 4th station to finish up. I told him what about us guys with only 1 barrel and no magazine to "Stuff er full" with? He kinda looked around and decided that he may have had the wrong gun and idea. And saw another at a shoot show up with one that had a AR style magazine and had 3 loaded in his pockets ready to go at it.

6. SecondChance

Confetti or black powder and feathers!!! Had an old timer notorious for that back in the day.

UpNorthMN thanked this.
  7. Claypoppy

Claypoppy Well-Known Member

Sitting in the club house one day a couple of years ago and this mid-sized sedan comes cruising down the row of trap houses on the outside (where the targets fly). She was at least 100 yards from the nearest road. The car was weaving all over the place. When the car got to the last trap house, it drove around it and ran into one of our 5-stand machines that was set up under a small covered house. We all went down there and this woman gets out of the car drunk as a skunk. Of course, she was fine...the same couldn't be said for the house/machine she ran into.

We took the keys out of the ignition and called the cops. They came out, filed a report and took her off to jail.

Of course she had no insurance.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  8. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Got one that does it now. Turkey shoots where Mark shows up ( Terry too I think ) will have at least a couple of black powder loads turned loose.

9. SecondChance

Ol Jules always had a pocket full of them in various hulls and would sneak upto some of the newbies that showed up to shoot and get to talking to them and wanna see one of their shells. While in the process he would palm theirs and just throw his load back into their pocket full of loose shells. Bout had a few of them drop their gun when it went off!!!!!

R.I.P. Jules Schezwski. 1925-2009. Model 12 and peach wicker basket.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  10. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

lol that's great

11. JPM

JPM Active Member

A friend (John) stopped at a pet supply place and bought a white mouse. Another friend was shooting and John dropped the white mouse in his shell bag. The shooter reached in his bag for another shell and came out with the white mouse. He had a stunned look on his face at which time the mouse bit him on his finger. He must have tossed that poor mouse 25 feet in the air. The rest of us were having trouble standing up we were laughing so hard. Another time we were shooting with a guy who was wound up really tight in everything he did. Friend John loaded some 12 ga shells with kitty litter instead of shot. We were shooting a true pair and John had just run the station. John told the wound up guy that he had some new reloads and would he like to try them. Of course the offer was accepted. Zero for 10. When he found out what had been done he walked off and we didn't see him again for several years. Friend John is a retired Army SF officer with a sense of humor that is often not understood by those who have no military background. JPM

12. 1straightshot

1straightshot Well-Known Member

Had an EXPERT reloader at the trap club that had a Perfect load for every day, month, time, and temperature. Of coarse he would talk about it profusely and would give out advice endlessly.
    Blah, Blah, Blah...................
    Of coarse after someone slipped a tracer in his bag his expert standing took a nose dive by all those watching. The Ooooo's and Ahhhh's where outstanding......lol

13. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

We had some non members come to shoot trap,past our shot drop field is 4 lane highway. They were shooting when a board member noticed one them was shooting deer slugs !!!!! They were thrown out, but allowed to come back after a gun education. The board member was red faced upset.

14. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family Well-Known Member

3 years ago at The Grand, Char had to call one of the guys the boys were shooting with as he was not at the trap and they were up next. Char asked him, "where are you" and he replied "huh" (does not have great hearing). She asked again but this time loudly, "WHERE ARE YOU" and his reply was "I am at the 115th Grand American in Sparta Illinois". Char's reply, " I KNOW THAT, now get yourself down to the trap as the squad is up next"

He made it there promptly.

15. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Several years back at the West Virginia State Shoot there was a big delay on the last trap and nobody would load the traphouse and everyone was getting upset. Well, it seems one of the young lads that was working pooped in the traphouse and nobody would go in and help out. It took a while for get it to get cleaned up and the event continued....

16. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I was at a shoot in Winchester VA, and a guy shows up on the line with a helmet with horns and a cape. At the same shoot, a couple showed up in one of those very tiny cars, a Thing or Fit, or some such, & parked it next to the shell guy's trailer. Anyway, out he comes with a can of bug spray, gives it a good going over, and says " that ought to fix that f'er"!

Flor1 thanked this.
  17. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

A gent standing on the line with a 12 ga. and a box of 20 ga. Shells in his pouch trying to figure out why his gun won't fire.... with 2 other gents trying to help..:ohmann:

18. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

best 'trick shells' are regular rounds - loaded using #12 shot.

Look, feel, shoot like normal shells, but the effective range is maybe 20 yards.

Load up a box and drop them into someone's bag. Then sit back and wait...

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I have as big a sense of humor as anyone. But when adults chose to act like DA idiots that's taking it to far. You don't screw with someone's shells. It is always the same DA playing the prank, sorry don't see the humor. I would have words with him and they wouldn't be nice.

This is an adult sport so act like it.

Don

mfoz, straightshooter1, mag410 and 7 others thanked this.
  20. Claypoppy

Claypoppy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure BIGDON could care less, but I'm in total agreement with him on this one.

SWPAShooter, mag410, Ken Brandt and 4 others thanked this.