1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 SD State Gun Raffle

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SD Trap Family, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

The SD State Trapshooting Association is once again conducting its Gun Raffle Fundraiser. The funds will help pay for the trophies for the SD State Shoot.

Here's how it works:

Purchase a 2014 SD State Trapshooting calendar and your name will go into a drawing for a gun every week of 2014. Plus, we have a special drawing on July 4 for a bonus giveaway! That's 53 guns that you could win! You have the option of taking cash if you prefer. (half the value of the gun) Your name will be put back into the drawing even after you win.

The calendars are $40.00 each, and they specify what gun is given each week. If you are interested, please contact me via PM and I will make sure you get in on the fun for 2014!

Winners will notified by telephone and will be posted on the SD State Trapshooting website sdtrapshooting.com and also on our Facebook page.

Thanks for your support!

Char Bartholow
    SDSTA secretary/trophy chairman

[​IMG]

2. SD Trap Family

I had an inquiry about whether or not we accept Paypal. I'm sorry, we are not set up for Paypal or Credit Cards.

We will accept old fashioned checks and cash (if you feel safe in sending it through the mail).

I will post the 53 weekly guns later today.

Thank you!

Char

3. SD Trap Family

Here is a list of the weekly guns to be raffled off!

[​IMG]

4. SD Trap Family

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent me a PM to order a calendar for the gun raffle.

We appreciate your support!

Thanks,

Char Bartholow

5. SD Trap Family

6. SD Trap Family

Wow! Thanks to all of you for responding to our gun raffle fundraiser!

As trophy chairman, I appreciate your generosity. I have found some wonderful and unique trophies for the past few years. We try to make your visit to the SD State shoot as memorable as possible, and this coming year will be no exception.

Thank you again!

Char

7. SD Trap Family

Thanks again to all who have responded!

To those who have already contacted me... if you would like to add your email address, we can contact you that way too. Otherwise, make sure I have your phone number so we can call when you win!

Thanks,
    Char

8. SD Trap Family

Thanks everyone! Here are a few photos of some of the trophies we've had at the shoot in the past.... these are from 2012 (I'm still trying to figure out how to upload from my new phone).

The knives are custom made one by one, and the pheasant picture is a blanket we had custom made from a photo that Foster took. Black Hills Gold is always on the menu for our trophies too!

Thanks again for your support!

Char
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SD Trap Family

10. pjbosh

pjbosh Member

Is a person able to win more than one week? This is a great idea!!!

11. SD Trap Family

Yes!!! Your name goes back into the drawing for each week. Even if you win a gun, your name goes back in!

Let me know if you would like in on the fun!

Thanks,
    Char

12. SD Trap Family

When ordering your calendars, please make sure you send me your name, address, phone number and email address (optional) so we can contact you when you win!

These make great gifts too! I would just need the same info for your friends.

Thanks everyone!

Char

13. SD Trap Family

The proceeds of the raffle not only helps us with our trophies for the SD State shoot, but the clubs that sell the calendars also benefit by getting part of the proceeds too.

That will keep more of our SD Trap and shooting ranges open and running. Our main goal is to keep the sport alive.

Thanks for your help!

Char

14. SD Trap Family

here are a few photos of some of the trophies from the most recent SD State shoot. I'm working on getting more downloaded and uploaded.

They are not the best photos, they kept me hoppin' with distributing trophies and with making ear plugs!

Thanks again,

Char
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. SD Trap Family

I spoke to the SDSTA treasurer a while ago, and he reminded me that your donation IS tax deductible as the SDSTA has a 501(c)3 status!!

Thanks again,

Char

16. 548

548 Guest

Quick question please, are the guns listed the actual guns that will be given away on those specified times, or is this one of those raffles where "if not available, a gun of equal or lesser value will be substituted"? I'm ok with it either way, I'm just curious how this one will work. We have an FFL holder at our club who said most of these listed guns are still hard to come by.

17. SD Trap Family

These are the guns that have been chosen and will be given on those specified dates. I believe that if you would rather have another gun, the gun shops will work with you to use that dollar amount toward the gun of your choosing. Or, if you would like, you may take cash in the amount of half the value of the gun listed on the specified date.

I can check with the SDSTA treasurer for details. He has taken care of the "business" side of the raffle for the past year.

Thanks for your interest!

Char

18. SD Trap Family

Ok, here is the official answer for 548.....

The guns listed ARE the guns that we will give away. We have 4 gun shops in SD that are helping us in our giveaway. SoDak Sports in Aberdeen, First Stop Gun Shop in Rapid City, Gary's Gun Shop in Sioux Falls and Leader Sporting Goods in Mitchell.

If you live outside of SD, you will need to initially contact one of the gun shops listed, and make arrangements to have the gun sent to an FFL near you.

You may, if you choose, take the amount from the value of the gun and work with the gun shop listed and choose a different gun of your liking (up to the printed value of the gun as listed on the calendar). We will pay up to the value of the gun listed on the calendar. If you choose something more expensive, it is up to you to pay the difference.

You may also opt for cash (which would be 1/2 of the value of the gun).

We are excited to be helping the sport of trapshooting as well as our local gun shops in SD, and we appreciate their support of our fundraiser!

Any other questions, please let me know!

Char

19. 548

548 Guest

Sounds great, thank you. My check should be in your mailbox today. Thanks again.

20. SD Trap Family

Thanks 548!!!

We appreciate it!
    Char

Search tags for this page
sd trapshooters
sd trapshooters calendar wins

sd trapshooting association

sdtrapshooting comgun drawing ideas
sioux falls rifle giveaway
tuscobia trap club