1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 Western Zone

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Too Bad, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

I want to thank everyone who participated in the 2013 Western Zone Trap Shooting Tournament. Thanks to the 10-host clubs and their staff. Thanks to ATA President Allan Radway, Jim Jones, Montana Delegate, Scott Hoover for his computer help, and David van Elgort for posting the results for all of us to see at lightning speed.

The 2013 Telephonic Western Zone Championships trap shoot was held for the third year at Tucson Trap and Skeet Club. I want to thank Doug Sims, Char Prytula, Steve Williams and his crew for a very successful Western Zone shoot at one of the Country’s premier trap shooting facilities. I also want to thank all those who shot at the event and support Arizona Trapshooting clubs. You make it happen in Arizona!

The weather was a little cooler than normal, rising to 95 by the time we finished each day. Because of the possible hot days in Tucson, we started to shoot by 8 AM and were done by 2 PM each day. We did have a storm arrive on Saturday afternoon dumping about 1 ½” of coolness on the fields.

At Tucson we had 15 shooters take home Western Zone Trophies and All American Point Pins. Across all the Western Zone sites, a total of 25 Arizona shooters took home Western Zone Trophies and All American Point Pins. Congratulations to these Champions. Shoot Arizona!

I would also like to congratulate Gary Palese, for his first 100 from the 27 yard line at Spanish Fork, nice work for a great guy!

Richard Luckett

Arizona ATA Delegate

Western Zone Secretary/Treasurer