1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 Utah State Shoot Trophy list and info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Csorensen, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Csorensen

Csorensen Member

I am attaching our Trophy list for the 2013 Utah State shoot with added money breakdown. We have a huge trophy package lined up for the shoot, and have $50,000 added money ($40K resident $10K non-resident)We will be throwing Pitch targets as well. Hope you can put our shoot into your schedule and join us at the beautiful Spanish Fork Gun Club June 18-23rd. HOA starts the 19th, 18th is marathon targets only. We have greatly expanded our traditional trophy package from past years. We have great trophies for all classes AA-D and all 8 Categories, for both resident and non-residents.
    Thanks,
    Chad Sorensen
    USTA President

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Csorensen

Csorensen Member

Also forgot to mention that squadding opens on Pre-squad.com April 15th. Will be straight through squadding, limited to 70 squads. If anyone outside of Utah that is interested in a program being mailed to you, please go to our website at www.utahtrap.com click the "contact us" button and send your name and address and we will mail you a program. Programs will mail the first week of April.

Also, for those that use Facebook, please like our page for updates and information. https://www.facebook.com/UtahStateTrapShooting?ref=hl
    Thanks again,
    Chad

3. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Can't wait! Well, I guess I can so the weather gets a chance to warm up a little! John

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Gary,

Each day's trophies will be a different theme (i.e., vendor.)

One day the trophies will be Montana Silversmith, another day will be trophies from Western Trade (Travis' company), etc.

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Gary,

I misunderstood what I'd heard about the trophies.

I'll post more complete information when I get it later this afternoon.

6. Csorensen

Csorensen Member

Just to clarify what Scott is saying, we have a different trophy supplier for every event, not every day. Not one trophy is the same for each event. We have some of the most amazing Montana Silversmith buckles we have every seen, very different lady trophies than anything you have seen. Some suppliers have multiple events, but no trophy that is the same. Travis is doing trophies for 2 different events, but may be for resident on one, and non-resident on another, and again a different kind. We feel we have a great package. No points pins, no trophy pins, but actual trophies for every event, that are engraved, burned or inscribed with the honor of whatever or whom ever wins. Some that will be made during the shoot that are even personalized with the shooters name on them with their winning score. We have spent $20,000 on our trophies alone. Hope to satisfy the likes of all shooters!!
    See you there!
    Chad

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

From the trophy committee:

Trophy vendors include: Western Trade Leather, Wendell August, Tilden Trophies, Monarch Trophy, Creative Signs & Graphics, Coles House of Trophy, Jelsco Trophy, Montana Silversmiths, Shamrock Leathers, Sterling Cut Glass, etc.

The Ladies' trophies will include: Purses, Shell jewelry, Silver average card holders, and Buckles.

Here's a "pic" from an average day at the Utah State Shoot:

<a href="http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/utahdelegate/?action=view┬Ąt=0780f3ab.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I second what Gary says! You MUST experience shooting at Spanish Fork at least once in your shooting career. The competition will be tough, but the targets are well set, the visibility unmatched, and the people in charge are the best. Go!

9. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

This shoot is on my bucket list.. hard part is getting the travel put together. Long drive.. so best would be to fly in, but then have to find motel and car.. or someone to share with. Someday..

10. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Salt Lake City is a major Delta hub, with all the rental car options. From the airport to Spanish Fork is just under 60 miles, just about all of it on freeways with 65 mph speed limit. The locals pretty much ignore the speed limit, so say about an hour. The motel I've stayed at several times is about three miles from the club, is very nice and clean, and quite reasonable. I want to say under $70 per night with the shooter's discount, breakfast included. I don't remember the name but they advertise in the program. Scott Hoover could tell you if you PM him (V10).

I'd offer to go with you and share, but I'll probably be doing dog stuff that weekend.

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Larry,

The motel you're referring to is the Western Inn, 801.798.9400. Or see the link above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.