1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2013 Mustang V6, Additional HP - 10/10/12 Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Banned User Banned

In an effort to fulfill my mid life crisis, I've decided to trade in my gas guzzler Ford Ranger and get a 2013 Mustang Vert. Pony Package V6 that gets 19 in town and 30 on the hwy. This new V6 produces 305 hp and the first thing I'll do is put a cold air package on it. Does anyone in TS.com Land have any other simple ideas to squeeze more power out of this motor?

blade819
    [​IMG]

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Chip it". That's all ya hear, nowadays.

Bob Falfa

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

If you want to relive your childhood and get adequate mileage [20 mpg overall], take a look at the Dodge Charger with a Hemi [385 horse power]. You can get the SRT version with 440 horse power, but mileage drops and price goes up. It is a larger car, back seats fold down for carrying long guns, very comfortable for trips, and FAST! Enjoy what ever you get. Fred

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

It sounds to me like you are buying the wrong Mustang. Look and drive a GT and for a few bucks more you will get what you really want. And if that does not please you then there is still one more to try. Think of a snake. Trevor Dawe.

5. blade819

The Mustang 5.0 gets about 20 hwy mpg. My new V6 gets 30 mpg on hwy. You can't beat that while also producing 305 hp. The object is for me to save $$ on gas. Of course my Wife has a 2011 Fusion Hybrid that gets 36 in town and 39 hwy and I have been pulled over 3 times for speeding, 2 warnings, 1 Ticket in the ATL.

blade819

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, you don't buy a Topper Trap and pour a bunch of money into customizing it.

...unless your cat tells you to do it.

-Gary :p

7. over the hill

over the hill Well-Known Member

Just for fun you might contact Roush racing or Saleen and ask whether they sell anything for Ford V6.

With the upcoming high HP V6 motors you might be surprised.

Regards....Gerald

8. white rattler

white rattler Member

Blade, to go fast you must burn fuel. I think you must make up your mind which road you want to go down. Drive a GT you do not need to keep your foot in it all the time. There is more to life than gas mileage. Trevor Dawe.

9. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fast off the line you need high torque at lower rpm; high top end you need horsepower. Both cost $$$ and use more fuel. Your question is how efficiently the engine gets torque and HP for $ spent, and packaged in an aesthetically pleasing shell. Chip manufacturers have already researched the former for you. A word of caution: anything you put in the engine outside of factory MAY VOID your warranty. Chichay

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

Get the Super Snake to have fun and drive your wife's Fusion to save on gas

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

Catpower I second that. Trevor Dawe.

12. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

I have a '06 4.6 300 hp Mustang,it will scare me with power yet gets 26 on
    the open rd. Its a GT.When we go to town we take the Honda or the Toyota.
    I think we only go around once,and time goes fast.Once in awhile I buy want I
    want and screw Susan Orman...........But I make sure my wife gets what she wants too.

13. white rattler

white rattler Member

What a let down after driving a 300hp Mustang and then have to sit in a Honda or a Toyota. What some men will do to keep the other half cooking. Trevor Dawe

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You can do all you want but it's still a V6...

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Get the GT...if you're going to be goosing that V6 all the time you're not gonna get 30mpg anyway and still wishing you got the V8 that will be kicking your butt up and down the street no matter what you do to the 6cyl....get the 6 if you're wanting to drive a very peppy and fun car to drive but you're goal is to save gas....if its speed you want get the GT and you'll have all the muscle you want and a car meant to be driven hard

16. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I don't see where the 365HP twin turbo V6 is available in a horse? It is coming out in the Explorer, and certainly Ford is making a big deal out of it in the pickup line.

I have a Flex with that twin turbo, and an SHO. Both a kick to drive, SHO gets a bit better MPG probably due to boxy design and higher gear ratio.

While I love the engine, it is as they say a 6. It will not grunt as well as a big block V8. It will run like a scalded dog if you mash it down. Not as jar your teeth loose as my last SRT8, but merging is not an issue let's say.

All that said, I am holding out for the SRT8 with the ZF 8 speed they are calling torqueflite 8. I am suspecting next summer after the pickup line gets the 8 speed in both 6 and 8 cylinder engines in late spring.

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

It depends on your age. If you are 60 + this may be your last car. Good suggestion of drive your wife's car for mileage and "big boy" muscle car for fun. Damn! I love my Hemi Dodge. Family car with muscle. The other Ford products for FUN!!Fred

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

An EcoBoost Mustang would be cool for sure...would be a flashback to the guys who used to cruise around in new Buick Grand Nationals looking for new Corvettes to humiliate..along with most any other car on the road at the time

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Blade,

You want to re-live your childhood? Get a Volkswagen Bus! :)

20. blade819

A lot of questions should be answered here. I'm buying this Mustang because it's $31k with my Vendor discount code. I can't afford a Roush or Shelby. The V6 gets 31mpg hwy @305 hp. Where else can you get that kind of mileage vs. hp? I have done a significant amount of research on American Muscle.com and then on their Mustang section. They actually modified a 2012 V6 Mustang in five stages and you can open their video for each stage. The first two stages recommend a AirAid Cold air system and a Bama Tuner with custom tunes. That not only increased torque and hp by 15 but also increased mpg. The second thing that I'll do is put a completly new suspension system on including new lowering springs. I think that is about as far as I want to go, at this time. Maybe later a Brimbo brake package and ram hood. Gads it's nice to have a toy!

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.