1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

2013 CHALLENGE for OHIO suggestion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Wimped out your a$$, Who would want a partner that cannot hit long targets as a partner, I suggested that he pick the best shooter he can get from Michigan and shoot against me with my pick of Ohio Shooter as my partner that can hit long , fast, hard targets with me.

Big Don says he doesn't want to shoot that style of shooting, I guess he needs some help on his misses, so I accomodated him so he can pick the best Michigan shooter to help pick up his misses.

I admit I did poorly on the 25 yard targets, was not prepared for that drastic of a target, did not have proper hdcp shell, that is not an excuse it's fact.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  2. BIGDON

BIGDON Active Member

It's always got to be your game doesn't Longsh?t. Always got to have the odds in your favor. Now I suppose I have to listen to your crap all year. You beat me once over 25 targets, big friggin deal. That might be a big deal in your mind but doesn't count for squat in mine. Let's put our ATA numbers up at the end of the year and see who is on top. Better yet why don't you just let it go as you had your 5 minutes of fame and you screwed that up.

Don
  3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Bryant against Bryant.....Whoa......

Regards....Gerald
  4. running bear

running bear Member

Dr. Longshot has no class. Don't responde to him and maybe he will go away!

Buck
  5. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

IMO, Any rematch should be shot from each shooters proper ATA yardage......what does a game of "pasture clays" prove? Longtooter, if you want to shoot non-trap games why not challenge someone who likes to play pasture clays?
  6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

FlaLagarto, I will do that, that sounds great, we n used to shoot Buddy Doubles from the 27 yard line.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hell ol' Elmer and I , we used to do it from the 30, 27 was for crybabies.

But, ol' Elmer got on that. 44 mag kick and started busting deer at 600yds with that old smith of his, so we stopped doing it. Was scaring people off anyway, the doubles I mean...
  8. machete

machete TS Member

Dammit did everybody just miss the point? This wasn't about Bryant vs Don. This was to show Bryants point that more concrete isn't needed if you throw a real target - the old target from the old yardages.

Bryant proved this point. No more challenges are needed from these two. That was the argument and Bryant won it. No amount of bench shooting is going to change that.

If theres a 2013 match it has to be between two different shooters over a different argument. What's the next argument? Chokes, target color?
  9. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

Then why was half the program shot from the 30 yd line, "pasture clays" style??
  10. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Active Member

No point was proven. You take 25 targets from one dope doesnt change anything. Christ this is old. Using Dr Longblow as a role model for trapshooting is about as stupid as anyone could suggest. Take a good trapshooter and several targets then get back to me. Untill then give it a rest.
  11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Big Don here is our numbers
    Gary 16s Big Don 16s Gary Hdcp Big Don Hdcp
    0 94.63 82.80 0
    90.67 96.24 83.14 86.84
    0 96.24 89.14 83.82
    0 96.87 87.88 84.65
    94.50 96.65 86.95 85.06
    95.75 95.00 88.57 85.11
    98.17 95.63 85.00 83.47
    92.00 95.55 88.36 83.98
    96.00 95.51 89.31 86.80
    96.00 94.29 90.28 84.92
    96.60 94.18 90.68 86.10
    97.60 95.06 87.43 85.33
    Through 2001 Big Don never made 97% on singles never made 89% or 90% on Hdcp
    All my score are on 27 yard line on Hdcp

See next page

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Please look at Big Don's average, Don Hoffman Michigan and Gary Bryant Dr.Longshot's averages my hdcps are from the 27 yard line

Big Don never made 89 or 90% Hdcp average period.
    Big Don never made 98% on singles

He does not come close to my Hdcp averages and I have shot a lot of years before he ever joined the ATA I joined in 1968 I was on the 27 yard line a hell of a lot longer than he if he ever made the 27 yard line.

He talks about average on this year, no I cannot come close and he cannot come close to any of my averages, am not bragging, he brought it up, look it up in shooter information center, and I hardly ever shot doubles. And when I did I won my class.

You will see if he accepts Flagrato request to shoot with him against me and my doubles partner don't be suprised who it is going to be.

Big Don is starting his trash talk again and he cannot back that up either.

Shooter information center has the answers look it up.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Talk about tooting your own horn. Jeez man you have got some serious identity issues. You really really do. One minute you are pouting like a little kid who lost his toy and the next minute you are puffing your chest and letting your ego scream. I think it's time to see a shrink. I really really do. And this isn't your thread Doc so I didn't break my word.
  14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Big Don started shooting in 1989, I started 21 years earlier in 1968, Big Don is a Newbie in comparison.

I have 44 years of registering target shooting, and have attained some pretty good averages over the years, he cannot even compare or come close to.

He brags and brags to look up this years averages, but neglects to look at all the past years.

Now you guys can pounce on me and overlook the real facts and they are not mine but the ATA Record book facts. He has never reached my High Averages.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  15. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

"You will see if he accepts Flagrato request to shoot with him against me and my doubles partner don't be suprised who it is going to be."

Jenny Craig?
  16. BigM-Perazzi

Actually Gary, it's your trashtalking.

Don shoots everywhere and everything, apparently unlike You, Don isn't concerned about what affect it has on his average.

You on the other hand are reaching for that long gone glory. Come up to Michigan and compete straight up with us . We'll keep the light on for you.
  17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I was fast as lightening. I won a crap load of track ribbons and some medals and trophies. I was a pretty good tailback in football as well and even had an offer to play College Football at a small College. That was a long Freak'n time ago. For me to brag about how fast I am now makes no sense what so ever. Make the connection????
  18. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

The older I get.......... the faster I was!
  19. 870

870 Active Member

I give Don a lot of credit for going along with this thing. There was never anything to gain in it for him, only a downside to it. Now LS is making it worse. LS has had some good singles years in that long career, and his caps averages are right where most of the bulk of ATA members are - upper eithties. Certainly nothing to make a big deal out of.

Nothing was proved regarding pouring concrete, and anyone that believes so is lacking in the analytical department.
  20. BigM-Perazzi

Now it's just 'loudshout', the mouth that roared...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.