1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Southwestern Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Got back home last night after shooting from Tuesday afternoon thru the final handicap event, at the 2012 Southwestern Grand trapshoot at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas. Had a great time at a great place to shoot, and saw lots of my trapshooting friends from around the country, and even made a few new friends as well. Took lots of pictures and will create a Facebook album of the shots I took, when not shooting in events over those 6 days. I even was lucky enough to win Friday's "Remington Nitro 27 Handicap" event with the lone 98. What a great feeling that was !!! Too bad it didn't help me for the final handicap yesterday, but oh well, at least I got on the board for one day!

Enjoyed the "meet and greet" social at the main clubhouse after the events one evening, hosted by the ATA EC (Executive Committee) and emceed by ATA President Jeff Wagner. Rob Taylor, Gary Sherrod, Lynn Gibson and some of the other EC members talked a little about the ATA and took some questions from those attending. I met Jeff and Rob afterwards and really enjoyed meeting them, and thanked them for this informative little discussion.

I look forward to seeing a lot of my Texas trapshooting friends (and nearby state friends) at our Texas State trapshoot in July. I also want to say "Good Shhoting" to all of the winners over the course of the shoot. Lots of good scores turned in. The weather was pretty nice, but typical Texas weather; if you don't like it right now, just wait 5 minutes, it will be totally different by the next trap !!!

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

2. monroesc

monroesc Member

Mike,
    Congratulations on the 98 in caps!! We keep telling Baker that he needs to go back to Texas and pick up more sand! :)

Sara @ Monroe SC in Ohio

3. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Thanks Sara, Dave gave me a call after he heard about my caps score! I can't believe he needs MORE sand, I thought he took a couple of 55-gallon drums of that stuff up there when he moved back. HaHa

4. monroesc

monroesc Member

You know Dave--like a kid in a sandbox! The more you dump in, the more that disappears. :)

5. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I got there on Wendesday and never saw the sun for four days, you call that nice? Great complex great run shoot, great time, but nice weather, no. Thanks Stan

6. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Stumpi24 (Stan), sorry you might not have enjoyed it like I did, but I said the weather was pretty nice. I also said "typical" Texas weather for this time of the year. You're right, the sun didn't seem to make a lot of appearances over some of those days, and we even shot in a drizzle a time or two, but it beats the heck out of working or shooting in a downpour or freezing weather. I like to be more the optimist ("glass half-full" type of person), so I had a good time, and I think a lot of other people did too. It's always nice to run into TS.com folks as well as meeting new people and visiting with them, especially those who have never been to this shoot before. Hopefully, if you decide to come back next year, the weather will be more accommodating for you. Mike* (MH*)

7. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Yes sir I said great complex, great time, great people, excellent run shoot, Texas people are finest in the world, I lived in Texas for 6 years and am glad to hear you still say the pledge of allegiance in the schools,(I ask some young kids), and yes better than working, but when you said nice weather, it could have been worse, but I would not call it nice. But don't take this as a complaint, just a comment, and I will be back. Thanks Stan

8. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Stan, I thought the weather was fairly nice. It got real interesting on Sunday when that cold front blew thru, but even that moved off before we finished shooting. It did have an interesting effect on the handicap scores.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.