1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Olympic Team Trials-Update 05/20

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pride Engineer, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Nice report Sportshot. Couple of points, Kelsey's last name is spelled Zauhar. Kim Rhode elected not to shoot at all as she already has a women's skeet position locked up. She is not shooting women's trap either as she already earned the right to shoot trap and skeet at the Olympics this August.

Keep the reports coming.

Mark "Same as Kelsey"

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Curious why Josh Richmond's name is not in there for doubles trap?!?!

Good luck to Kelsey. I remember she used to post here occasionally. Mark "Pride Engineer," you must be proud!

(Sportshot was just cutting and pasting from a news article, so the name misspelling was not his fault. See link.)

http://www.usashooting.org/news/2012/5/18/241-intensity-and-high-winds-challenge-competitors-as-first-shots-fired-at-2012-us-olympic-team-trials

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

BTW, there are some great photos on the USA Shooting facebook page, for those of you on facebook.

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Josh isn't shooting for the same reason Kim Rhode isn't. He's already secured a spot for the Olympics double trap. Josh had a great year in world cup competition and won his spot as a result of the success he had. The double shooters do have an extra spot however so the guys that are shooting are shooting to go along with Josh.

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links Sportshot! I love reading about the lead up to the Olympics. These athletes are living the dream. Wouldn't it be fun to represent the US in a shooting sport!

Also, the article said and it has been mentioned in other articles that there is only one quota spot available in Mens trap this year. So all of those guys are shooting for only one chance to go to the Olympics. Try to imagine the pressure they feel on each shot!

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Rooting for Collin, a local kid from Michigan. I taught him to be great! (Sorry, for a minute I thought I was L.S.)

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Rooting for Collin, a local kid from Michigan. I taught him to be great! (Sorry, for a minute I thought I was L.S.)

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Glenn Eller, who was the Olympic champion in 2008, has already shot at least 1900 registered sporting clays targets this year, and 2950 last year and is still a good bet to make the Olympic team in double trap. That's pretty
    amazing.

Richard Faulds of Great Britain also shoots both sports, and I wonder if he's going to be shooting in Illinois in the World FITASC (sporting clays) competition, or in the Olympic tryouts in GB.

9. ZEREX

ZEREX TS Member

Did Eller ever find the last medal he won after he left it in the bar?

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Aha!. Thanks for the update.

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to our USA Clay Target Shooting Olympic Competitors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.