1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Missouri State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

90 days, give or take, until the Missouri Shoot.

Hopefully, a few of the SW Iowa Clowns* will join me at Linn Creek. I plan on having them on display from 5:00-6:00 pm each day. They're quite enjoyable to watch as they mumble, scratch themselves, giggle when they pass gas, and try to imitate humans. Admission to the viewings is only some cheap alcohol for us all.

Who else is coming?

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Will some Lone Star get me in the door?

And how many is "us all"?

milt

3. The Literalist

Milt,

You're a good host. Yes, the Lone Star will be fine. A little cheap whiskey would add to the ambiance, too.

How many? Aw, probably just a few...

And I'm bringing this to the top. Only 2 of us going to the MO shoot?? Milt, you and I have a good chance at a trophy!

4. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

You will have a better chance this year with all the new categories. I will be there so thats make 3.

5. mette56

Denny,

Our chances of a win are deteriorating fast! Maybe you should delete the thread and pray nobody else finds out.

OBTW, I'll bring some Old Charter, some fine aged Manischewitz Blackberry and a can of WalMart brand party peanuts. Those went over so well at the Fall Caps...remember? (opps, considering the state in which you left the building last year, you probably don't...remember that is).

milt

PS: wish someone would bring a bunch of Yuengling. Tried that while in Atlanta recently...best beer I ever had, hands down!

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Ah....yes we can. The SW Iowa clowns will be in attendance at the MO state shoot this year. Already have the rooms booked. If ya need a room Denny, let me know. This time I asked for 2 beds.....yezzer and no more Deliverance background theme music either.

Our last adventure proved to be a bit embarrassing, going around the grounds begging for free beer and liquor. I mean....please tell me Mr. Literalist, you do have enough money to actually buy a beer....right? 4 days of scrounging, bullying, begging, and raiding coolers. Hardly had time to shoot the targets. Poor 'ol Milty will need to bring a beer truck next trip. I know its hard to out talk a Texacan, but mission accomplished, Bro, you da man. Writting satire only slows ya's down. I often wonder how I get myself in these fricken deals.

Maltz

7. The Literalist

Maltzie, yes, put me down for a bed. And let us know who (how many) Clowns are coming. We don't want Milt to be red-faced with not enough hooch. He's a generous sort and I know he'd be embarrassed if he ran out of cognac. And to show our appreciation for his kindness, I think you should buy him (and me) a nice steak dinner...or two.

And of course I can afford a can of bargain beer...but you know how much better other people's booze is. I actually had to buy some at the Iowa shoot. I had to choke it down. It just isn't as good.

And you wonder how you get in these deals? It's providence, my son. Be thankful to be in the company of such a handsome role model.

(Oh, how I wish Zauhar would be there. He's an easy mark. Buys lunch, too.)

8. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Ya, I know you and the Zman are butt buddies. But, I have always had a deep seeded respect for him. Actually, much like you...from the heart. Ya just gota love the way he calls pull and them hairy stilts he calls legs....whata guy. If he was as handsome as you, the man would be presidential. Come to think of it, even you would be better than what we have. Then again, believe you voted for Obumer without repentance.

Now your trying to drag poor Milt into disgrace. The long necks will help with the pain.

At this point, we have Sandy, the Delbert and me coming. Del with his wife to watch over our behavior. Me and the Gman were planning on staying together but we have another room on hold while trying to talk one more of the elite clown clan into coming down. Thinking....Thursday though Sunday. Be there or be square.

FYI...No we are not sleeping in the same bed again.....Maltz

9. trapper71

trapper71 Member

[​IMG]

Denny,
    Any chance that if you start to run with the SW group again you might show up

in Owatonna at the Cabela Shoot (June 8,9 and 10th ). They have

been very faithfull and well behaved the last number of years. They have had

some very classy ladies with them as well. If you head up here with them I

will buy the beer and pork loin supper Saturday night.

Trapper

10. The Literalist

Trapper, that's good to hear (that they're behaving). I introduced them to the Cabela's shoot...now they rave about the place.

By damn, I'll pencil the shoot in this year! Give me a chance to see my sons, too.

Drop me an email. I have another question for you.

11. APrice

APrice Active Member

Denny, are South Africans welcome?

12. The Literalist

Rev. Price,

Absolutely! Well, perhaps I should rephrase that. If they can go back 10 generations in South Africa...then their chances may be slim.

13. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Literalist,

I may be comming from PA for the Missouri shoot, Is it ok if I bring some Maddog 20-20 and some Iron City beer?

Oscar

14. mette56

Oscar,

OMG, you're coming from PA, the home of Yuengling...and proposing to bring Maddog or Iron City? If one of those two is not slang for Yuengling...God be with you boy. PM me and name your price for a case (of Yuengling that is). I'll throw in a personal can of WalMart brand Party Peanuts to boot! Ask Denny, they go great with Lone Star.

Denny...back me up here.

milt

15. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Made motel reservations for the prelim weeek today. I will be wearing a tee-shirt, (weather permitting,) that says Martin Picker on it! you ts.com guys, please introduce yourself! Would love to meet you. Martinpicker

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Milt,

If I am gonna make it, I will contact you and bring ya a case of Yuenling!

Oscar

17. The Literalist

Oscar: I hope you make it. Your offering will be well received. MD and Iron City are quite appropriate.

Milt: Yuengling?? Sounds like a seaport in China. But if it's liquid, the Clowns* and I can swallow it.

Martinpicker: Maybe we should bring some strings to the shoot? I'll bring my frailing banjo and my Guild 6-string. Whatta ya think? After an hour with Milt and Oscar, we should be in fine playing shape.

Maltzie: I left money on the dresser last fall. Figured that was enough to keep you quiet.

Hmm. So far, sounds like 9 of us will be at the shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.