1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gdbabin, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Anyone out there have first hand experience with the 2011-2012 Grand Cherokees?

My wife wants a new 2012 Overland 5.7 badly.

I'm looking for feedback only on this latest iteration of the JGC, not older past versions.

Thank you,

Guy Babin

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Guy, My wife had 07 and bought the new version when they came out in 11. She liked the old one, she loves the new one. Head and shoulders above the o7. She has had it a year now. Only problem so far was with keys. Dealer screwed around with a couple of different fixes, finally came down to batteries in keys. Mileage in town is 14 mileage on hwy 21. I hear the new v-6 a 3.6 about 285 horse will do 24 at 75mph?. The overlands do look pretty! Bill

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thankx Bill.....

Guy

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I drove one for 2 months. Roomier, smoother and quieter. The air suspension was great on the beach. The V6 had tons of power and was very smooth. Test drive a V6 unless you need the trailoring chops of the hemi.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks for the feedback.

We did drive both the 3.6 and the 5.7. While the 3.6 did seem strong, we went with the 5.7 just to make sure we wouldn't regret it later. Reported MPG is only 2-3 difference.

I could find very little (if any) negatives about the new JGCs anywhere.

It'll be a big change for her as her previous was a Scion Xb, which was and continues to be a great value by the way. Her black Xb toaster mobile with the big Browning sticker on the back window is well known in the MD, VA, PA, Sparta ATA circuit.

Hopefully her new Overland will serve us just as well with tons more luxury.

Guy B.

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

GOOD LUCK WITH IT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.