1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

2012 Grand - RV Rental

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by undersluice, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undersluice

undersluice Member

I am planning to go to 2012 Grand American (Sparta, IL). I went last year too but had a real hard time finding lodging within a reasonable driving distance.

I noticed a lot of folks had RV's which they parked right in the shooting complex iteself. I think most of them own the RV's and drive to the WSRC. I was wondering if there is way to rent RV's locally ? Does anyone have any experience doing this in the past. Would appreciate any leads/contact points, cost etc. ? Any relevant guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
    JB

2. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family Member

Here are two places to try. Not too sure of pricing but this is a start for you.

Myers RV 618-497-2241

Rend Lake RV 618-724-2501

You can also google their names and maybe find out more info

Good luck. Hope these help

Bud

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Member

mash on link , girlfriend used this company a couple years ago , was very happy with service , we are looking into it ourselves

4. undersluice

undersluice Member

Thanks for your responses, appreciate it.

Another quick question , are there any other RV camping spots near the WSRC ? I hear the RV spots at WSRC fill up fast.

Thanks,
    JB

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Renting an RV is a convenience, but I was quoted over $900 for a week rental of their "small" 24' RV. And you have the same sheets, your bed is never made every day, no maid service and the beds in the RV are terrible.

Bryan

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

What you are buying with an RV rental is convenience, as Bryan said, and you don't have the commute with the time and expense that that entails.

But the "lodging" price itself is about comparable to a good hotel.

7. Calkidd

Also another suggestion is don't rule out a B&B. I found one in Chester with a window view of the Missippi River for the same as a Sleezy 8 motel. Think of it this way, you will have a hot breakfast every morning.

Bryan

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

There's a B&B in Marissa, about 4 miles from the WSRC. See link above.

9. Calkidd

This one is about 15 minutes away from the complex.

10. undersluice

undersluice Member

I do agree that using RV for lodging has to do more with convienence than with cost/comfort.

Based on the phone calls I have made so far, the costs will run into $1,500-$2,000 for renting an RV for the whole 10 days at the Grand. This includes base rental fee, taxes, setup/pickup fee and the camping lease fee at WSRC.

Thanks,
    JB

11. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE Active Member

I just this A.M. called the REDBUD Country Inn in Redbud and was able to book a room for the 7th-18th.I believe other rooms were available...KS-OKIE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.