1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Grand info, where to stay

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yendor12, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yendor12

yendor12 Member

I am planning to make my first trip to the grand this year and wanted the advice of others who has been there.
    Would like info on where six people (3 couples)could stay close by, what cost should be. How soon should I reserve rooms/house or other establishments.
    Or if you know of rental properties let me know.
    Looking to stay 3-4 nights the last week of the event.
    Rod

2. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Glad to hear you will be attending. I will look through the Grand information as I thought I had written down a gal who did property mgmt in the area.

You all will have a great time. Some great places to eat as well.

I will PM you if I find the name.

Bud

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Contact the Sparta C of C. They are active in putting shooters in touch w/ landlords.

4. undersluice

undersluice Member

Hi - Could you post the feedback you are getting from TS.COM ? I also need accomodation for 2012 Grand.

Thanks,
    JB

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Look at your Trap and Field from last Spring.There were many ads for places to rent.

blade819

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

My first trip this year, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Sparta.

A little pricey but first class and super friendly people. Close to about anything you want, shells , food, etc.

Regards....Gerald

7. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

This was my first year and I stayed at a motel in O'Fallon. It is about a 45 minute drive to the Shooting Complex, but I didn't mind. I used the quiet time to get my head straight. O'Fallon and Fairview heights also offer all kinds of dining. For shells, I found I couldn't beat the prices or service at the shell house right on the grounds. Martinpicker

8. yendor12

yendor12 Member

JB wanted some feed back on what I am finding out.
    Most of the larger chain hotels in Sparta are already booked from last year. There is a waiting list you can put your name on in case someone cancels.
    Some smaller hotels in Sparta will not take reservations till sometime in June.
    Outside of Sparta I have found many Bed and Breakfast type places that have openings to stay. thestonehouse.net (614-826-5465) has a very nice view to the Mississippi River and has 3 rooms vacant. Very nice place.
    There are many hotels outside of Sparta that still have rooms also.
    If you go to your search engine and type in BING MAPS, type in Sparta ILL. It will direct you to that town and also give you ideas as to surrounding hotels and other places to stay under "travel"
    Good luck.
    I hope this helps.
    Rod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.