1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2011 Utah State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GeoCook, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

The 2011 Utah State Shoot was in my opinion one of the best shoots that have ever been hosted by the Spanish Fork gun club.The weather was perfect for the entire week and the scores showed that fact. The 1st 100 of the Singles Championship had 33 100 straights which I believe is a new record for Spanish. But a little breeze came up during the 2nd 100 and the field was cut down to 4 200 straights. A lot of new people and of course the group that comes back year to year. I personally would like to thank all of the people in the USTA, the Spanish Fork club folks and espeically Steve and Debora Johnson. They sure put on one hell of a trap shoot. Spanish Fork is one of my favorite places to cashier because of the people who are always ready to help out no matter what. The targets were the best I have ever seen at Spanish Fork, but hell the ones I shot at were not very hard to hit but they were sure easy to miss.

George Cook

Shooting Sports Software

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You are right George. I think it was one of the best State Shoots I've ever been to also.

Not exactly sure why, but I think it was because everyone I talked to was having a good time. We had 80 shooters from out-of-state and a lot of them stopped me and told me how great everything was. How great the targets looked and how polite and competent the trap help was.

In case you missed it, here are a few pix I took:

Right in front of the clubhouse looking out over the practice trap.

<a href="http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/utahdelegate/?action=view&current=045dc27a.jpg" target="_blank"> 045dc27a.jpg </a>

Looking east from right behind trap 1.

<a href="http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/utahdelegate/?action=view&current=6a251f0d.jpg" target="_blank"> 6a251f0d.jpg </a>

Antoine " smokin' " at the State Shoot.

<a href="http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/utahdelegate/?action=view&current=f733e3ab.jpg" target="_blank"> f733e3ab.jpg </a>

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

4. bas

bas Member

Scott, thanks for the photos...are the winners posted somewhere? I saw the scores...but not the winners.

Thanks

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Betty,

I'll post a winners list as soon as I get all the information.

Scott

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

What a fantastic looking place to shoot!!

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Now that is a beautiful trap club!

8. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

WOW, what a view !

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The winners list is now available at the link above.

10. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I shot doubles with the 'unloader" it was good to meet him. Looking forward to his coming back next year. Bruce

11. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Utah got some of the beutifullest girls too! Especially the ones from Vernal!

12. perazzi97

perazzi97 TS Member

Pretty girls in vernal? Zardozforty, I live here and don't see very many!? Show me where they are haha

13. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.