1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2011 KRIEGHOFF-HALDEMAN CUP - OLYMPIC TRAP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Allen Chubb, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Dear International Shotgun Sports Athletes & Enthusiasts,

The Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. are pleased to officially announce the 2011 Krieghoff-Haldeman Cup in Olympic Trapshooting to be held on September 17th & 18th at the Keystone Shooting Park range near Dalmatia, Pennsylvania. This is a 200 Target event shot over two days (100, 100 + Final). Registration is limited to (30) competitors. Our website will be updated shortly and registration for the event will be opened within the next few days. In the meantime, please send me an email and I will forward the documents pertaining to this competition as well as details regarding the Keystone Shooting Park site.

The Krieghoff-Haldeman Cup is sponsored by Krieghoff International of Ulm, Germany and Ottsville, Pennsylvania. This will be an annual event with a perpetual Krieghoff-Haldeman Cup awarded to the champion. Representatives from Krieghoff International will also be present to provide gunsmithing service to all competitors. The competition will be a registered event with USA Shooting. Both the staff at Krieghoff and CISS felt is was appropriate to add the name of Donald Haldeman to the Cup in order to further honor Don's memory as an Olympic Champion and his dedication to the Krieghoff brand of products in his quest for his Olympic victory.

We are tremendously honored to have secured a partnership with Krieghoff International in order to bring such a high quality event to North America. We invite all to register for this first annual Krieghoff-Haldeman Cup.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

2. Allen Chubb

3. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Allen -- a very nice gesture. I first met Don when I was a rookie at shooting Bunker and he was one of the nicest shooter's you could find. He was very approachable and always had time to give a thoughtful answer .. and maybe a little advice.

He was also one of the calmest (at least on the outside) competitor I think I've ever seen. I remember he was tied for high-gun at one of the qualifer's (can't recall where) and no one could find him until someone came out and said he's asleep on a sofa in the club house. When they woke him up, picked up his Kriehgoff and shooting kit and walked out to the line, shook his competitor's hand and ask, with a faint grin, "who are we waiting for?"

You could shoot for 3-days and never know he was on the grounds until you looked at the leader board.

4. Allen Chubb

DB Bill,

Yes, Don was a great guy and I really enjoyed his company and friendship. After I built the bunker at the Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club in 1989, Don used to come up to give out our medals and prizes to the winners. He really enjoyed being around the shooters and they in turn really appreciated his commitment to the game and making them feel special on their day. A lot of faces were beaming when you had an Olympic Gold Medalist putting a medal around your neck and saying "Congratulations and great shooting" and then standing beside you as the national anthem is played and the stars and stripes are raised in your honor of your victory.

If you put Don is a room with 10 other people, you never would have picked him out as an Olympic champion. His quiet and unassuming nature hide his competitive nature. I used to call him the "Gentle Champion" and he would always crack a smile.

The rules for Olympic Trap were normalized at the 1952 Olympics in Helsinki, Finland and in the last 60 years, Don was the only U.S. athlete to win a Gold Medal in Men's trap. Naming an event and range in his honor is the absolute least that this country can do to honor his memory. I'm proud to have had Don as a friend and to that memory we honor him.

Best Regards,

5. Allen Chubb

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I also met Don several hundred times a year for 20+ years until he had a stroke. We worked together building tooling mostly for Ford. He was more talkative at work then when out shooting.

7. Allen Chubb

Toolmaker,

It makes sense that he was more vocal at work. On the trap field it was all about focus and competition. I must say that he was pretty chatty when he would come up to Ontelaunee to give out the medals. He really enjoyed knowing more about the current day shooters, scores and events.

Best Regards,

8. Allen Chubb

9. Allen Chubb

10. Allen Chubb

11. Allen Chubb

12. Allen Chubb

13. Allen Chubb