1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2011 Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmueller, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmueller

rmueller Member

My first time, certainly not the last...

It sure was an experience not to be forgotten. For this D class shooter to get back 20.00 in options was pretty cool.

Question: why do they hold this event in the hottest month of the year for the area; is there some requirement to torture shooters in order to find the best of the best? Why couldn't they wait a month or schedule it earlier in the summer before the heat index goes into triple digits?

ron

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Congratulations, don't spend that $20 all in one place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

School - Summer vacation - Torture old guys -

Choose All that Apply

4. thunder

thunder Active Member

Good ole boys club traditional date for the Grand. They would rather give their members heat strokes than make a change. I decided my health was worth more than the Grand. If they change the date to a cooler month I will be their but until then I won't shoot it.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

You are here, did you notice that many of the score-keepers are college age??? Don't think too many of us in the mature catagory (I'm 70) would care to stay out in that heat all day for 10 days for what they get paid. Also for many shooters this is when school is out so they can bring their families for a few days while on vacation.

I ALSO vote for cooler weather. But I do enjoy-- the vendors--look for good deals or something that I didn't even know I couldn't live without (chuckle) visit with friends--make new friends & go inside to cool off often. Have fun, shoot well & win some more $$$$$$$$. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.