1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2011 Grand American Thank You

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SD Trap Family, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

My brother Matt and I would like to thank all the great people who helped out for the past two weeks at the competition.... it was indeed GRAND !!

We met so many wonderful people again this year. What a great place to shoot, see old friends and make many more new friends. The Grand feels like a huge family reunion!

The events ran very smoothly thanks to the ATA officials, the people in Classification, Squadding and Cashiering. Thanks also to Karla Harrison for the endless hours put in to choosing trophies and distributing them.

The trap help was great! From the scorers, scoresheet runners, trap setters to the people filling the houses; the work they did was incredible! The crew in charge of shootoffs did an amazing job!

It was very nice to see so many vendors too.. very helpful to new and old shooters alike.

Of course, we cannot forget Bill and LeeAnn Martin. What they have done to increase participation through their generous donations is awe inspiring. Thank you.

The WSRC and the ILDNR are to be commended for their efforts in the improvements to the grounds. The businesses and residents of Sparta make the shooters all feel very welcome. We appreciate it!

We are looking forward to next year's Grand.... the competition just keeps getting better and better! See you then!

Foster and Matt Bartholow
    Rapid City, SD

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You two boys are a credit to the sport of trapshooting. Congrats on some fine shooting. Thanks Bud for bringing two fine young men into the trap world and also for being a promoter of youth shooting, Lou in Boise ( it really does take a lot of work by a lot of people to put on the Grand or any other trap event)

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

cubancigar2000--I could not have said it better so i will not try.

Matt in Sparta

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thank you Foster and Matt. You are two outstanding young Gentlemen. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet both of you and your Father. Maybe next year.

blade819

5. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Two good boys who I enjoy seeing every year. Thanks Stan

6. gunfighter001

gunfighter001 Member

Foster and Matt, I can't say enough about you two,You are a credit to your friends family,the sport,and the state of South Dakota. Don't change a thing, maybe one thing get your dad shooting more.
    Mick Mckee/ SDSTA President

7. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Id like to put my two cents worth in here also,the whole Bartholow family are an asset to the Trap shooting world.--Buddy,Charlene,Matt and Foster

Sandy Holehouse.

8. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

The Bartholow's are a class act, alway's giving of there time to help out youth programs along the way. I can not thank them enough for what they have meant to us the past couple years, looking forward to many more years of Matt, Foster, Char and the best motivator out there Buddy. They have pushed our youth shooters to be the best they can be. Great Job at the Grand!!! Bob Doerres and the Muscatine Youth Shooting Club.

9. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank you all for the kind words.

However, it is the shooters and supporters of the sport that are to be commended. They are the backbone of this sport, and the youth are the future of trapshooting.

As cubancigar2000 said, it DOES take so much time and work for any kind of shooting event to be executed, no matter if it is a small shoot in South Dakota or the Grand-daddy of them all... the Grand American!

We have met so many people that have influenced our lives through trapshooting, and we consider them friends on and off the field.

Thanks again,
    Buddy, Char, Foster and Matt Bartholow

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good kids. Two of many entering our great sport. Keep 'em coming.

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bud and Char...we need more kids like them! Get to work. LOL!

Seriously, Matt and Fos are right. It takes a lot of effort to put on the Grand, especially with storms getting in the way, etc. The volunteers and paid staff who worked their butts off deserve our gratitude.

And I would wish all parents were like Bud and Char, and all young men were like Matt and Foster. *sigh* What a wonderful dream...

12. RAScott

RAScott Member

Whith a Thankyou and great wright up there, I couldnt have said it any better and it is a pleasure to be a part of it all. The Grand is truly the GRAND!

Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.