1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2011 ATA Schedule changed at Markham Park, Florida

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mixer, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

As of January 2011 the Markham Park Trap Club will holding ATA events once a month instead of our usual twice a month. The following is our shoot schedule for the 2010-2011 target year. All dates are on Sundays except for February which is Thursday-Sunday.

Jan 23, Feb 10-11-12-13 Chain Shoot, March 27, April 17, May 22, June 26,
    July 24, August 28.

Eric

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Mixer, I heard this was coming. I'm always sorry to hear of shooting cutting back. I picked up a Customer Satisfaction Survey out at the club today!!! I think its time that the shooters here start to tell the park people exactlly what we think of all the changes that they have Made!!!. What do you think? Looks like no more vendors "ever" if they don't change their policy!!! Break-em all. Jeff

4. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I'm very sorry to hear that Saturday ATAs are being dropped from the Markham schedule. Miami Glades also only has Sunday shoots. Are there any places in South Florida that will continue, or start, to have Saturday shoots?

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bill, noplace else left to shoot with Palm Beach Trap and Skeet gone now. Oh wait there is a new club opening up in Martin County!!! Private club only and its $1,800 for the cheapest yearly membership. Look up at SouthFloridaShootingClub.com. So its likely not to have any large shoots there. Maybe over the next couple of years they will be forced to open to the public like Palm Beach club did to help with profit, but its in a whole different class as Palm Beach was only $600 for the year. Then theres Vero's club that is holding monthly shoots as well, but not sure if its on Sundays or not. Next is Port Malibar and I believe all there shoots are on Sundays if my memory is correct. Break-em all. Jeff

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

To be fair, the decision to eliminate the Saturday shoots was entirely the clubs. It had nothing to do with any changes made by the parks management. The Sunday shoots starting in January will be shot over 4 fields as 2 banks so you will shoot 50 targets per field then move 1 field over for your second 50.

We will still have to supply our own pullers/scorers as the county has cut back on the number of employees available due to budget issues. We have 3 more shoots this year, Sunday Nov 21, Saturday Dec 11, and Sunday Dec 19th.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.