1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 Southern Grand, Comments...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cls, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cls

cls Member

Well, how was this year's Southern Grand? The weather? The targets? Shoot management? All comments welcome... cls

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

It was a bit cooler than expected. The wind was healthy. The shoot was up in attendance and the scores were lower than anticipated. Handicap scores of 94 won some money and trophies. Overall, it was a fine shoot.

Pat Ireland

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Brandon Sullivan, who won the Dixie Grand Handicap, came back and won the Southern Grand Handicap as well. Good shooting kid.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

My first Southern Grand.

I heard some complaints about targets, and they were tough; but you cannot control the wind. Still better than shooting in Michigan We had a good time and are planning on returning next year and shooting the PVA as well.

Nice club house and prices were reasonable.

Biggest problem is parking.

Don Verna

5. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I think everyone should notice the hat that fine looking young gentleman is wearing.

If you can't read it, it says Keith Heeg. I wish I could have made it down there...Keith's Great!

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

6. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

I had the opportunity to speak with Brandon and his older brother at both shoots. Two very nice young men. Brandon does a good job with his BT99-plus. And he is pick'n up yardage........

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Targets were some of the toughest ever at this shoot-for most of us. Windy every day and much cooler than usual. Parking a bit scarce but not bad if you were willing to walk. Most trapshooters can always use a bit of exercise anyway.

Full scale investigation was initiated to see if Pat classified the fine Class D shooter senior citizen who broke the first 100 straight in Saturdays' Singles-great effort on shooters part!

Wife won one Singles trophy and as usual the 'dawg returned home empty handed.

Wait'll next year!!

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Just heard they caught the thief of that stolen Sietz O/U shotgun.

9. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Just want to say congratulations to 2 Junior shooters from our club that won a lot of events.

1. Great shooting Chris Vendel Jr. your dad is one proud puppy.

and 2. Congratulations to Justin Slater for another bunch of wins. Both of you showed the young as well as the old that New York shooters are nothing to mess with. LOL. Great shooting guys, your our future. You made us all proud.

PS. Even those shotgunpeople that moved away said they were very happy. Barney

10. Damifino

Damifino Member

The Dollar is our home club. Chris and Justin are fine young men and great competitors. They're always welcome back anytime.

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Holy crap Brandon! Good shooting! You are making all of us from Indiana proud... if memory serves, he one the Dixie Grand without a shoot-off -- but this time, to have to go against Ricky and Tank and 3 other shooters to get this one... wow! And Leo "only" shot a 96... :)

Good job... Cody has to be proud -- and ditto to the comments about the two young men... great people both!

John

13. hoov

hoov Member

oleolliedawg;

I may be the sr vet you speak of,and pat did not classify me.
    That was my first 100 ever,been shooting since 1986.74 years old.
    Have not come down yet,will see you,Tam,& the rug burner at the Keystone Open.
    Did however meet Pat,shot with him ,enjoyed meeting a fellow trap shooter.com fellow.
    I agree wth you on the windy targets I shot very bad all week,but Sat the targets were perfect,and I lucked out. I also had the pleasure of shooting for the first time with my 10 yr old grand son ,his first registered targets.He had a 151.

14. hoov

hoov Member

Thanks Shawn
    You dont know now how happy Pappy was for him.
    Thanks for my 100.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Yeah hoov, I knew Pat didn't classify you but I couldn't resist the opportunity to throw him another zinger. That was some fine shooting on your part on some less than easy targets. Keep up the good work old boy!!

16. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

weather was cool and windy, targets required a lot of consentration, hate field #6 with the fence (drew it 3 times) my shooting really sucked, glad to see others overcame the conditions. I guess that's what defines a good shooter.
    Still it was a good shoot with great vendors. If it works out I'll be back again next year.

17. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

My wife and I were in Orlando the early part of the week of the Southern Grand so I drove the 2 hours each way just to try southern hospitality and see the Florida folks shoot. I shot the first three days in Handicap and had a great time. "YES" it was a bit of a wind but after you think about it, we all shot on the same day at the same place. I wil try to come back next winter for another good time.... Thanks to the Silver Dollar for a great event...

18. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Hey Brandon,
    Thats some great shootin'.We're all REAL proud of you.I would like to thank your Daddy for raising up such a fine young man.Keep up the great work.
    God Bless,and stay safe...............D.P.Reynolds

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

oleolliedawg and I enjoy picking on each other. He did ask me at the classification table if I had classified Hoov and I said no. But i did bring up his three year shooting history on the computer.

Pat Ireland

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get Pat to put me in D for years now.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.