1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 SCTP NATIONAL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

2. KY_TRAP_DAD

KY_TRAP_DAD Member

WOW!! I was involved in SCTP early on in KY and it was a great thing then. I am impressed to see how far it has come in the last 10 years or so. My son has grown up and I am making a mess of SC rounds now, so have lost touch...I miss it in a lot of ways. I really don't know about the politics of the "split" between the ATA and SCTP, but from what I see in that program, the AIM program pales in comparison to this. This is great for shooting and most importantly great for the kids! Great job Bill and staff!!!
    Shelby Shelman

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Shelby, Could you please tell me what is in the AIM program so I can make a comparison of the two. Thanks

4. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Check out the program, they are going to have a giant game of Annie Oakley!

5. wilschetz

wilschetz TS Member

Good afternoon everyone. Just wanted to put in a good word for the SCTP program. I’ve been an SCTP coach for 10 years. Our teams have been very successful in Illinois, 23 State SCTP titles and 2 National titles. Sorry, l had to brag a little about my young shooters. The SCTP program was the first to realize the importance of introducing our youth to the shooting sports. They developed, organized and delivered an outstanding youth program. Currently, there are about 9000 young shooters that participate throughout the US.

About 4/5 years ago, the ATA realized they had missed the boat. They wanted desperately to capitalize on the number of young shooters entering the shooting sports. Instead of joining forces with the SCTP and supporting an already popular program, they decided to go it alone. Hence, the AIM program.

In Illinois, the AIM State Shoot is only about ¼ the size of the SCTP Shoot. From my observation, the AIM program has not introduced new shooters to the shooting sports. Instead, it has divided shooters. AIM requires different coaching credentials and creates additional costs for us coaches.

I don’t mean to sound negative towards AIM. The AIM program does have some good ideas, a lot of great young shooters and devoted coaches. I just wish the ATA and the SCTP could have joined together rather than compete against each other.

Thanks for listening,
    Doug Wilschetz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.