Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 P.I.T.A. HAWAII STATE SHOOT @ HILO CHALLENGE

11K views 40 replies 6 participants last post by  Toddy 
#1 ·
I am throwing down the gauntlet and challenging all you mainland shooter's to be at the 2010 Hawaii State P.I.T.A. Shoot being held February 10 - 15, 2010 at the BIG ISLAND TRAP CLUB @ HILO.

Aloha,

President of the Big Island Trap Club @ Hilo,Garrett Zane, email zsportsg@yahoo.com,has given me the OK to push this shoot to the max so that we could have a full shoot of 75 shooter's so let's stop sitting on our hands and give a hand to this club through a vacation that you'll never forget.

Last year 2009, I didn't win a thing other than the best Hawaiian attire in the Aloha Handicap but a lot of trophies made their way to BC, the attendance was OK for a good shoot but it was not good enough so I'm starting early again and you will have NO EXCUSES like I heard in previous years so organize your next trip or first trip to the Big Island now and I will give you every assistance I can and if your Canadian I'll even organize your permit to import, Form6NIA that all Canadians require.

This years results are posted on http://www.shootpita.com and click on shoot results then 2009 Hawaii State Shoot, you can see that us Canadians did OK and most all 10 and their spouses will be back next year. Also I met some great friends old and new.

There were a few people that said they would be there that were NO SHOW,,,,what's with that......

Feel free to leave a yes you will attend, or comments if you have to and I will answer all emails sent to me.

OKAY, THE CHALLENGE IS IN, ARE YOU IN?????

ALOHA & MAHALO

Reginald T. Todd Sr. (also known as) PAPPA

See less See more
#28 ·
Well here I am 3 days upon the big island and only 5 more days until the opening Registration and practice with the Kim Chee shoot.

The house we rented turned out to be more than expected as we watch the humpback whales breeching the water and also the large green sea turtles right from our lanai and the crashing of the waves on the beach in the back of the house is actually relaxing.

Hope to see some of you this Sunday at the Multiplex shoot in Hilo.....

Reg. Todd.

#29 ·
Aloha from Hawaii,

The Multiplex shoot is history and posted already and tomorrow starts the practice and Kim Chee shoot.

If your not here then that's your loss....

Sunrize is in action right now and what a glorious sunrize it is with a cruise ship entering Hilo off in the distance all lit up.

I expect the whales to be by any minute now as they seem to be on a schedule also as we see them the same times each day, if I didn't know any better I would think this was Disneyland and it was all staged.

Well take care and I will probably post more as we go on.

Mahalo for looking.

Reg. Todd (here on the big island, known as Reggie, the locals make me feel so young and welcome)

#30 ·
Aloha,

WELL Tomorrow starts the actual state shoot and today was the Hilo Handicap which yours truly won and moved back another yard and the Kohala Doubles which I won my class.

Good day for me and looking forward to the 200 Championship Singles tomorrow

I am having a great shoot and meeting some great new friends....too bad you have to read this and are not part of it...but think about next year and make this your priority to have fun and a vacation to boot....

Mahalo for looking...

Reginald T Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

#32 ·
Reg:

You're not still winning with that old Berreta Mark II SBT, are you? That thing is almost 40 years old and can't possibly have more than another half-million rounds left in it!

I've still got the one you advised me about a couple years ago. It's half M1A1 Tank, and half Stradivarius. Best gun per dollar I ever bought.

Good luck, my friend.

Gary

#33 ·
Hi Gary,

I am ashamed to admit this but I sold My Beretta Mark II to a guy that has worked on it with refinishing the stock and reblueing it looks like a brand new gun.

The reason I sold is because I bought a new Cinergy combo and needed fast money.....

I'm just getting used to the Cinergy and here in Hawaii I won the Hilo Handicap and moved back to the 26 yd line and won my class in doubles but have not done anything in Singles....

Tomorrow is the Championship Doubles and Handicap and I hope I can do ok.,

Take care and hope to see you at the Provincials in May.

Reg. T.,ES,BC back home on the 18th.

#34 ·
Coyote,

I don't have any results for Zack but I do know that he shot 98 in Singles and had to shoot-off with Krista Morgan and Zack lost by 1 target and was not happy when told "beat by a girl". I expect all the results will be posted on the P.I.T.A. WEBSITE AS SOON AS IT IS ALL OVER.

I can tell you that us Canucks are doing ok with Ron Stubbings shooting 200X200 winning the Hawaii State Championship Singles and taking home 4 trophies himself and I took 2 and Krista Morgan (my daughter) got 2 and Rick Morgan 1 and Cliff Tarnowski got 1.

We're not as many as last year but we also had more shooter's from Canada last year and took home more than our share but there is still 2 more events to go tomorrow and you never know.

I'll tell Zack you were asking about him.....

Reg. Todd,

#35 ·
Reg! What?!! You absolutely did NOT abandon your sacred Beretta Mark II and start snuggling up with a Cynergy!! What are you -- Tiger Woods? You know you ended up running right back to her the last time your wandering eye got the best of you!

My Mark II GURU not owning a Mark II? That is simply unthinkable!

I know there are four stages of grief, but in this case I choose to remain in the denial stage forever!

Good luck with the Doubles and Handicap, and please stop torturing me with sick jokes like this.

-Gary

#36 ·
Well Gary My Friend, alas but it is true and thanks for making my morning a happy 1 with the reply.

I'm off to the BITC@H with a bit of a twisted nose as I didn't win the best dressed Hawaiian attire but I guess I'll get over it in a few years....

Catch you later Gary...

Reg. Todd.

#37 ·
All right, Reg -- I survived finding out there's no Santa Claus, and discovering what went on when my parents' bedroom door was closed, so I guess I'll get over the shock of this. I hope your Cynergy serves you as well as the old girl did.

Best of luck always, my friend :)

-Gary

#38 ·
Coyote,

Zack Keller today, the last day of the shoot, won his B Class in Doubles...

Gary, I won Veteran category in the Doubles today and us Canucks took home 23 Trophies, including HOA, HAA. Champion, runner up and Handicap Champion and runner-up and many classes and categories.

I'm hoping the results will be posted on the shoot results on the P.I.T.A. website as soon as the cashier sends them in....

Was a great shoot and hope to get started on next year so I'll close with what I said when I started advertising this shoot 6 years ago....if you snooze...you lose

So be warned..I will post the 2011 challenge as soon as I come down from this lifetime high.

Reg. Todd

#40 ·
HILO HEAT SIZZLES STUBBINGS’ CANADIAN BACON
AT HAWAII PITA CHAMIONSHIP

Beautiful vistas, warm tropical breezes and a lush jungle setting greet the visitors at Hilo for the Hawaii PITA Championships held over the Presidents Day weekend each February. The tournament is held at the Hawaii County Trap and Skeet Range. The event is co-hosted by the Hawaii PITA Board and the Big Island Trap Club.

The ALOHA spirit prevails throughout beginning on Wednesday with a 50-50-50 practice event, the Kim Chee Special. Thursday is the Aloha Handicap where Hawaiian attire is preferred and rewarded. This year’s target winner was Cliff Tarnowski (89) and costume winner, Kathy Connerley (a grass skirt and two coconuts).

There are two events each subsequent day allowing time for sightseeing and other fun activities. Friday events were the Kona Singles: Champion, Ron Stubbings (99) and Puna Handicap: Champion, Bob Roller (88). Saturday events were the Hilo Handicap: Champion, Reggie Todd (89) and Kohala Doubles: Champion, Ron Stubbings (97).

On Friday evening the HPITA Board and Big Island Trap Club hosted a BBQ Potluck for all the shooters and their families. This year was doubly memorable as the food was wonderful and the electricity was absent so the picnic area was intimately lighted by several camp lanterns and car headlights. What fun!

Championship events are held on Sunday and Monday. By definition the Resident Champions live in the state, however when the trophies were distributed, several flew home to different islands. Tom Kushima, the resident Doubles Champion (94) lives on Oahu; Jason Fujie, the resident Handicap (84) and High All Around Champion (356) lives on Lanai; and Garret Zane the resident Singles (196) and Andy Hallingstad the resident High Over All Champions live on the Big Island.

The five Championship trophies, including the Hawaiian war club, flew home to British Columbia. Ted Marson took the Handicap championship (91), and Ron Stubbings the Championship Singles (200), Doubles (99), High All Around (386) and High Over All (755).

HAWAII STATE PITA CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS
February 10-15, 2010
ALOHA PRELIMINARY HANDICAP
Short-ydg Cliff Tarnowski (89)
Mid-ydg Andy Hallingstad (84)
Long-ydg Grant Lau (88) – shoot off w/Ted Marson
KONA SINGLES Champion: Ron Stubbings (99)
AA: Spud Storey (98) B: Tony Tebeau (96)
A: Krista Morgan (98) - shoot off C: Bob Roller (95)
with Zach Keller D: Kathy Connerley (84)

PUNA HANDICAP Champion: Bob Roller (88)
Short-ydg Le Rodenberg (86)
Mid-ydg Gordon Grenier (85)
Long-ydg Rick Morgan (86)
HILO HANDICAP Champion: Reg Todd (89)
Short-ydg Le Rodenberg (86)
Mid-ydg Andy Hallingstad (88)
Long-ydg Ron Stubbings (88)
KOHALA DOUBLES Champion: Ron Stubbings (97)
AA: Spud Storey (96) C: Andy Hallingstad (93)
A: Grant Lau (94) D: Reg Todd (79)
B: Tony Tebeau (92)
HAWAII STATE SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Ron Stubbings (200) Champion Runner-up: Wayne McCulley (198)
Resident Champion: Garrett Zane (196)
AA: Spud Storey (197) D: Don Davies (170)
A: Mike Levanger (193) Lady: Krista Morgan (192)
B: Jim Boatman (188) Junior: Dylan Depew (153)
C: Le Rodenberg (191) Veteran: Tony Tebeau (192)
HAWAII STATE DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Ron Stubbings (99) Champion Runner-up: Spud Storey (97)
Resident Champion: Tom Kushima (94)
AA: Wayne McCulley ((95) D: Cliff Tarnowski (87)
A: Rick Morgan (91) Lady: Krista Morgan ((89)
B: Zach Keller (94) Junior: Dylan Depew (51)
C: Kevin Woodworth (91) Veteran: Reg Todd (85)
HAWAII STATE HANDICAP CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Ted Marson (91) Champion Runner-up: Cliff Tarnowski (89)
Resident Champion: Jason Fujie (84)
Short-ydg: Bill Heaphy (84) Lady: Krista Morgan (86)
Mid-ydg: Andy Hallingstad (83) Junior: Dylan Depew (65)
Long-ydg: Ron Stubbings (87) Veteran: Don Davies (79)
HIGH ALL AROUND
Champion: Ron Stubbings (386 x 400)
Hawaii Resident Champion: Jason Fujie (356 x 400)
HIGH OVER ALL
Champion: Ron Stubbings (755 x 800) Champion Runner-up: Rick Morgan (735 x 800)
Resident Champion: Andy Hallingstad (700 x 800)
AA: Grant Lau (716 x 800) D: Don Davies (616 x 800)
A: Ted Marson (715 x 800) Lady: Krista Morgan (705 x 800)
B: Jason Fujie (696 x 800) Junior: None
C: Le Rodenberg (707 x 800) Veteran: Tony Tebeau (684 x 800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.