1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 Missouri Fall Handicap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DEM36, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEM36

DEM36 Member

The Missouri Trapshooters Association 2010 Fall Handicap Program is listed in full detail on www.motraps.com. You will like the changes/additions made in events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. COME SHOOT WITH US Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd. Don Magruder, St. Louis

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Send an email to request a spot.

motraps@gmail.com

3. david636

david636 TS Member

I am a new shooter, with 400 registered handicap targets, all shot from the 20 yard line. I was considering going to the Missouri Fall Handicap for a couple of days, but under the classification rules, I would be shooting handicap from the 25 yard line.

I’m not that good from 20 yards, so shooting from 25 yards seems like some sort of extra ‘punishment’. I shot at the Grand earlier this month and was able to shoot from 20 yards, so I’m somewhat perplexed as why I would not be able to shoot from there at the Fall Handicap.

I live in the St. Louis area, about three hours from Lynn Creek, and I can easily stay at my brother’s lake home off of Highway 54. However, I think I’m going to pass this year.

Hopefully by next year I’ll have enough registered handicap targets.

Thanks,
    David

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

David, May I suggest that you find a place and shoot that last 100 targets before you get there. Have the club sign your score so that they will have it to average and they will let you shoot from your proper yardage with no penalty. I hate to see someone/anyone miss out on something they want to do because of one shoot. Your club can do this for you even if you are not haveing a shoot that day. Just go and have fun. You just never know what will happen next year!!! Stay Healthy, Take care and good Luck. Break-em all. Jeff

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Can't he shoot from 20 if he shoots "targets only?"

6. DEM36

DEM36 Member

Yes. See page four (4) Rule #1 of our website program. Don Magruder

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Go to St. Louis Skeet and Trap this Sunday and get your 100 targets along with some singles and some doubles. ........merlyn

8. Butler

Butler TS Member

I notice that everybody is still shooting a hundred targets on one trap, so what kind of changes have they made to make me want to come to Missouri???

9. david636

david636 TS Member

Gentlemen, thank you for the replies.

I am planning to attend the register shoot at St. Louis Trap and Skeet on Sunday, shooting singles and handicap. This will give me 500 registered handicap targets.

Don: Thanks for letting me know I can shoot ‘targets only’ from 20 yards.

I’m now looking forward to attending the Fall Handicap on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Again, thanks;

David

10. Biggray

Biggray TS Member

Did I misunderstand the program? I thought I would have to have 1000 Registered targets to be able to shoot my handicap. I am also new to trap and have some targets in, but not 1000. I am looking to go to Linn Creek, but trying to get targets in. Could yall clarify this for me is it 500 or 1000 for handicap events.

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Butler, I don't know where you got your info but all events will be shot 50 targets per field just as it always has been........Great Shoot with really tough competition.

12. DEM36

DEM36 Member

TO BUTLER: First, the MTA has been shooting 50 targets per trap for a few years. Second, the BOD made some significant changes in this year's Fall Handicap Program compared to the past beginning with Thursday. All 200 of the Singles Championship will be shot that day followed by 100 Handicap. Friday begins with a 100 target Handicap Event followed by a 50 target (non registered) Wolf Handicap Event followed by another 100 target Handicap Event. Saturday's program begins with 100 Handicap targets followed by another 50 target (NR) Wolf event followed by THE MISSOURI FALL HANDICAP CHAMPIONSHIP. Sunday's program begins with the MO Fall Doubles Championship followed by the Lake of The Ozarks Handicap.
    That's a big change in program (www.motraps.com) and why we think you will like shooting with us. Come on down! Don Magruder, St. Louis

13. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Hi fellows, I just got back into trap after a hiatus of 25 years. I have not rejoined ATA as yet, but would like to shoot at Linn Creek in September. What exactly is, "targets only"? At what yardage would they put me with no registered birds on record? (Not that it matters! I am not going to beat anybody!) Would I be better off just shooting a couple of lines on a practice trap? I will appreciate you answers. Martinpicker

14. Butler

Butler TS Member

I I'm reading things wrong, the program says 100 targets per field with 56 fields numbered 1 to 56, sounds to me like 100 per trap, am I missing something here Jim Butler

15. hunter44

Butler, I may be mistaken but I think a "field" is two traps numbered A & B. Shooting 50 on each trap. You definitely will not shoot all 100 targets on one trap.

16. Butler

Butler TS Member

sorry: my mistake, I was looking at a PDF that I found on the motraps website that was for the 2008 fall handicap......the 2010 lists the program as 50 targets to a trap, shot 25 at a time. thanks for setting me straight Jim.

17. hunter44

Jim, It's a great shoot........hope you can make it!

18. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

It is a great shoot, and I like the changes made to the program. Now, for some perfect weather. See y'alls there.

Maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.