1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 KX-5 Krieghoff

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4N6PE, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Beautifully finished gun with very high build quality, but with two critical flaws.
    -The rib is too low if you want to mount with an upright head. You'll be crawling the stock.
    -The lever cocks the trigger when you break it open. Terrible for basal thumb arthritis .

Ned

2. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I have a KX5 which is the second one. I like both. I see no problem with the cocking lever. There is enough ajustablility between the rib and the comb to get it to shoot at whatever impact you like. Also the Kreighoff people are really nice people to deal with. Are they still making the KX5 for 2010. I was under the impression that were going to discontinue and come out with a different version of it. I also put custom wood on mine with a very high comb. You wont go wrong with a KX5. alex Koter

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The KX-5 will not shoot higher than 90% w/o modifications.The RUMOR I heard was they were going to change the rib to a higher one Like Kolar and Kreighoff
    for a more up-right head position, Easier target rec ognition.

Some shooters were joking calling it a KY-

The best value for a combo that will shoot up to 115%-120% right out of the box is a Caesar Guerini it will shoot from 60/40 to 120% high, right out of the box.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. rsikole

rsikole Member

I bought a KX-5 6 months ago with a factory release trigger and I am happy with it.

One other solution to allow you to hold your head upright is to install an adjustable recoil pad (I bought a RAD) and lower the recoil pad on the gun. This effectively raises the stock, comb and rib relative to your shoulder and creates a "higher rib". I have not adjusted the rib from the factory setting, which is supposed to be 65/35. I have adjusted the comb to about 1 3/8 drop. Currently it shoots high enough for me and I can still raise the rib to get it to shoot higher if needed.

Rob

5. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

YOU MEAN LOWER THE RIB TO SHOOT HIGHER??

6. rsikole

rsikole Member

Yep..I'm brain dead waiting in Germany for the ash cloud to float over so I can get home!...Lower the rib to make it shoot higher.

Rob

7. snkypete

snkypete Member

115% to 120% POI right out of the box! I'll bet that is a really attractive
    feature to 95% of trapshooters!!

8. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Lowering the butt pad doesn't change the all-important relationship between the cheekbone and top of rib.For a heads-up mount, I don't believe there is any practical remedy for a low rib.
    Ken,I considered the KX-5 until I shot several rounds with it. Compared to the high rib on the CG trap, there was no contest for me. That's my next gun.

Ned

9. rsikole

rsikole Member

Ned,

I believe the relationship between the cheekbone and top of the rib is controlled by the comb height adjustment.....right? Lowering the pad simply gets the comb up higher relative to your shoulder. I am still trying to get it all figured out though.....

Rob

10. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Rob:
    I agree.But as you raise the comb to elevate the POI, the high adjustable rib lets you restack the beads,if that's the sight picture you want, while accomodating an upright head mount.It's just giving you more vertical latitude for head positioning.That's how it works for me.

Ned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff kx5 rib adjustment