1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 Grand going to the Dogs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

News is: $100,000 has been donated through the gracious gift by Bill and Lee Ann Martin to be won in one lump sum by the shootoff winner from one of the 9 handicap champions! Yeah!!

Word has it: This has stirred alot of interest in the Grand American!! Yeah!

"Big Dogs" will be there in numbers and force. They have the credentials to bring home this bacon and many of them have won numerous Handicap Championships in their time. Most of them attend almost all of the large shoots all over the country and all are on the 27 yard line and have been there many, many years. They know how to shoot these targets, some even give clinics on "How to shoot Trap!" They all have the skill, confidence, and put forth 110% effort it takes to win.....and the money is on one of them winning!

"Little Dogs" these are the wanna be's and follow and emulate the big dogs. They hope to someday be accepted as a big dog....they buy the same kind of guns, use the same shells and take classes from the big dogs. Sometimes they even get lucky and get a bone thrown to them when they have a Great day!

"Under Dogs" these are the true unknowns and in their minds ideas lurk they are going to take a big payday from the Big Dogs. They hold back their money and play it all when the stakes are high and they feel their short yardage will give them the advantage. They dream big and when one of their kind does win, it renews their faith that "One day I'll get my big Payoff!"

"Wild Dogs" trapshoots are not really a place to compete for this type, but a place to see friends and have a good time. If their singles average is 83, that's OK it's just a number, they only shoot for the fun. Some were probably party animals at an earlier time in their life.

"Old Dogs" these are the shooters who are past their prime and finally realize it. Many of their friends have Completed Careers. They cherish their memories of days where the excitement of winning, finally getting that gun which "Was THE Gun", going to some of the old clubs which are no longer in existence, and the friendships of a lifetime is still fresh in their minds. In the fading twilight, sitting in their old rocker they can almost smell the burnt powder of the old paper shells and they long for the days gone by.

Hopefully the gift by the Martins will provide some excitement which will generate memories for lots of people for a long, long time. Thanks Lee Ann and Bill!!! Biff

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Biff, you forgot the "Puppy Dogs!"

There are a helluva lot of good young shooters who can have "one of those days" and find themselves in a shoot-off.

SW

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Dead Dog here. Or at least feel like it at times.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You forgot the PORCH DOGS. They lay on the porch and howl about the cost of new shells.

5. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Biff, GREAT POST

jpark

6. loop02

loop02 Member

I am with you Setterman, If I was going to shoot for that money, you can bet I would shoot new shells.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Reluctant dog - that's me.

8. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

what about 2 dogs,the indian boy in a certain story?? dwain

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Setterman

"You forgot the PORCH DOGS. They lay on the porch and howl about the cost of new shells."

Is that like STAY AT HOME DOGS. They stay at home and complain about the cost of travel and accommodations.

loop02

"I am with you Setterman, If I was going to shoot for that money, you can bet I would shoot new shells."

I would guess the key word here would be the biggest word in the Dictionary "IF".

Bob Lawless

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I hope this underdog does good?? :) Hap

11. loop02

loop02 Member

That is right Bob lawless "if". I just made a comment. What I do or don't do is no concern of yours. I don't know who you are, and don't care who you are. Why did accuse me of complaining about travel and accommodations. It is not in my post, why did you bring that up? Don't worry, I can go where I want and do what I want and buy what I want. And if I don't want to go the Grand it is no concern of yours. You act like this life or death! It's a Trapshoot, thats all! Do you know the difference in a Trapshooter and a bird dog Puppy? After a year or so the puppy quits whining.

12. ivanhoe

loop02 Take a deep breath before you go into your rant go back and make sure I addressed that comment about travel to you. I made that statement and after I finished that statement I addressed the next statement about IF to you that is why it say loop02 after the statement about the travel.

If you are going to get bent out of shape about what you don't seem to be able to figure out maybe you should ask someone before you go ballistic. The puppy quits whining so quite whining I wasn't directing the comment to you look and see where you handle is compared to the comment.

BTW if you put a name in your post to recognize you by an others use it, you might be able to find what is addressed to you and what isn't

Bob Lawless

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

How about "might come back to bite you dog"
    [​IMG]

14. ivanhoe

Mr. Lapham

"You having never contributed 1 dollar to any Grand ??"

You know this how? It concerns you how? You know what about my reasons for not attending the Grand?

"Better yet get your butt off the porch and go to 1 grand in your life so you can stop complaining about others!!"

So tell me just what does the Grand have to do with stopping complaining? Just who am I complaining about? Everyone is having fun with this thread. I post on it and I have done something wrong. A man starts on me and accuses me of making a remark about him I didn't make.

So what are you suggesting that I say OH forgive me kind sir but I didn't mean to upset you please forgive for you being mistaken?????

To my knowledge I have never even written to you before, unless it was a comment like the ones made in this thread. So I am just supposed to take anything you say to me and as the way it has to be.

Well Mr. Lapham why did you pick this thread to address this foreseen problem in my character. Did I do something wrong what is it I have done that doesn't measure up to your standards in behavior????

I await your answers to the my questions. I am very curious as what brought this on from you on this particular

Bob Lawless

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You forgot the Bad Dogs, try taking $100,000 from this Big Dog, I dare you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

And don't forget the "nay" dogs. They are the ones who want to see the Grand at Sparta fail because they are still licking themselves over the move from Vandalia.
    It's pretty easy to identify these dogs because they have stated before that they will never go to the grand at Sparta......interesting now that some of these "nay" dogs are very vocal about something that will never effect them.

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Biff, it looks like you forgot to mention the "attack dogs" of which we seem to have a few on this board. lol

Hauxfan!

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wow!!! There goes that Lawless (attack dog) starting arguments with anyone that will engage with him. Such a severe inferiority complex has to start arguments and try to intimidate posters just to prove himself right. Bob, See a professional. You need help. Bulge.

19. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Well...what about "sneaky dogs" you know? The ones that slip by under the radar and somehow do real well. I can't help but sense that a few would be less than pleased to see the money won by one of the "big dogs" but in reality they have worked pretty hard to get to where they are at and like many sports the best players win when they are playing their absolute best. Sure it would be really nice to see the "under dog" win the cash, but it would not surprise or offend me if a "big dog" wins. I am just curious to see what level of hype this will generate in the coming months. I would really like to turn on the TV and see full coverage on the events. Think that might happen?

J.F.

20. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

hunter44 your so very wrong but then your not that sharp . Lot of reasons why but none you would understand .

interesting now that some of these "nay" dogs are very vocal about something that will never effect them.

That is the comment of a fool .

We nay Dogs pay all year but that does not effect us right .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.