1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2010 Elections

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by creek, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creek

creek Member

Take a look at this and just remember elections in Nov. 2010.
    U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
    1. They voted to not give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
    2. Your Medicaid premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and
    You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr. Your total 2-yr loss and cost is
    -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
    3. Over 2-yrs they each get $10,000
    4. Do you feel SCREWED?
    5. Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., increase?
    NO WAY . They have a raise and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. You obviously are too stupid or don't care.
    6. Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barnie, et al, care about you? SEND THE MESSAGE-- You're FIRED.
    IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE SITTING CONGRESS:
    Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE, AND 100% OF THE HOUSE.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER 2010 AND REMIND THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.
    It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
    Maybe it's time for the........
    Amendment 28

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United
    States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
    and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or
    Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the
    United States ."

Let's get this passed around, folks - these people in Washington have brought this upon themselves!!! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America .

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Amen!!!!!

3. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

So you don't like the government because they aren't giving you enough money? Then you are part of the problem. Redistribution or wealth to seniors is just as bad as redistribution to anybody else!!!

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Headsup, most of us seniors worked most of our lives and cotributed to Social Security. These politicians are screwing up the country. They should not be rewarded for screwing up. That's as bad as the Fannie Mae and Mac execs. Bulge.

5. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

That's nice. Social security is a way to take from some and give to others, a redistribution. You don't get out of it what you put into it, some get much more and some get much less. If you are single and die the day you retire you get ZERO. If you work 7 years and live to be 100 you plunder the system.

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Heads-case,

You must be a democrat. And amen to what Barrelbulge said. We paid in our entire working lives and we are NOT part of the f*$%ing problem. I feel screwed and I promise this won't be the last post (blast) you receive.

Jon Reitz

7. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

You worked all your life, that's nice, what makes you any different from anybody else? That's the battle cry for increasing social security payments. Well somebody has to pay for the increases because there is no money in the program, the congress stole, er "borrowed", it all. How could I be a democrap if I hate redistribution?

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's the law of averages. Some people die young and some people live a long time. You pay your money and take your chances. If you win, it's great. If you die, you don't give a dam.........

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Headsup, I think you are missing the real point. In a time when our country is in a financial bind, enough so that our citizens cannot get a cost of living increase, These idiots think nothing of giving themselves raises. They dont have to use the new health care bill, they've got their own. If they had to live by the same thing that they give the people, they 1. wouldn't want to be in office, or 2 would make the system better as it would be in their best intrest. Until the time that politicians are lowered to the standards of the general public, we are screwed.

Bob

10. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

We agree, throw the bums out. But there will be replacement bums who will promise seniors big COLA increases to get into office, followed by more of the same.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Head down in sand or up some other place. The check you receive from SS is based on what you paid into it! I will get my first check next month for around $1100.00 and hope to draw it for a long time. Oh and I started paying into SS at age 14 so I feel I deserve all that I get. It's my money that the government supposably has made money on(interest). I know that the last part is not true but that was the idea anyway. It's like getting something back that was stolen from you. LOL Jackie B.

12. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

"I feel I deserve all that I get"

That says it all. Unfortunately we are going to run out of other peoples money.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

More dumbocrat lies. Next thing you know they'll be telling us they've created a surplus (again). LOL.

"What Ben Nelson didn’t tell Nebraskans

Dec 30, 2009 22:44 EST

James Pethokoukis

Suddenly down some 30 points to a hypothetical 2012 challenger, Ben “60th vote” Nelson — a guy who won his 2006 race with 64 percent — is taking to the airwaves to explain his decision to vote for ObamaCare.

But in a TV spot, Nelson failed to tell his fellow Nebraskans that while the Senate bill supposedly improves the U. S. fiscal picture, it employs some Enron-esque bookkeeping tricks to get there.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act promises to cut the federal budget deficit by $132 billion over the next decade, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That’s not a huge amount given that healthcare spending drives the government’s long-term fiscal woes, but it’s something. Indeed, at first glance the tab for expanded health insurance coverage appears more than met through a mix of Medicare spending cuts and payroll tax increases.

Yet this minor bit of fiscal prudence is a mirage. The act would reduce Medicare spending on hospital stays by $245 billion from 2010-2019, while increasing tax revenue by $113 billion. So on paper, Medicare’s hospital insurance trust fund would be some $358 billion to the better, boosting its long-term solvency. But the government then takes that $358 billion and uses it to pay for increased, non-Medicare healthcare spending — leaving $358 billion worth of IOUs in the Medicare trust fund. If not for that $358 billion shift, the act would worsen the deficit by $226 billion over the next ten years.

It’s a clever trick that takes advantage of the CBO’s treatment of both the Medicare and Social Security trust funds as essentially off-balance sheet vehicles. Money owned to them is not treated by the CBO as the same as money owed to Treasury bondholders. The former is treated as a mere obligation, the latter a concrete liability. Yet both are future claims on taxpayer resources.

And that’s not the only bit of chicanery: 1) There’s a similar $50 billion double-counting trick with the Social Security trust fund. 2) CBO healthcare scoring assumes a huge reduction in government payments to doctors even though a separate bill moving through Congress would restore the $250 billion cut.3) The payroll tax hike isn’t indexed for inflation, generating unrealistically high revenue forecasts. 4) And as Andrew Biggs of the American Enteprise Institute notes, the cost-cutting Medicare advisory commission would merely limit spending growth to pretty much the current baseline forecast (GDP plus 1 percent) which translates into $62 trillion of additional deficits over the next 75 years.

(Then again, budget scoring overall is dodgy. John Williams of Shadow Government Statistics calculates that using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as public corporations do, the total 2009 budget deficit would be roughly $8.8 trillion, not the $1.4 trillion reported on a cash basis.)

Nope, Ben Nelson didn’t tell deficit-fearing Nebraska voters any of that."

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good thread

15. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

To top it all off the Social Security Admin. sent me and I am assuming every other SS recipient a letter the other day saying we will not be getting a raise in 2010. Duh! Unless someone is truly living in a cave somewheres everybody in the country knows that SS recipients are not getting a raise this coming year!! Just how much do you think the gov't spent on that letter? Upsets me to no end. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.