1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Target Year/average card

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I’m just getting around to filling out my new ATA average card with my current 2009 scores. Do I count the scores through September and October or start in November only?

I looked on the ATA page but found nothing. Thanks,

Dale,

2. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks,

Dale,

3. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I like the graphic, funny

4. 3357

3357 Member

he is keeping his head on the stock but has problem lifting his eyes.

5. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

If i remember right your scores after the grand could be used for this years grand requirements

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

“If I remember right your scores after the grand could be used for this years grand requirements"

Should we add them on our new card or just carry the old card along? Maybe I should I just send the ATA an email. Thanks for the replies.

Dale

7. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Dale, Just count your scores from November 1St. and later. If you go to the grand they have a computer set up to look at last years scores.
    Rick

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks,

Dale

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Wayne of PA what year does it say on your card if it say 2009 the your card should already have the number of targets shot in 2008 printed on the card. If this information is on the card there is no practical purpose to put any of last years targets on your 2009 card as they will be included in the target totals and averages on the 2008 card.

The 2009 rulebook says that the target year is as follows

"B. TARGET YEAR
    The 2009 target year runs from November 1, 2008 thru August 31, 2009;
    after that the target year shall be September 1, thru August 31. Scores shot
    at any tournament ending after October 31, 2008 regardless of starting
    date, will be included in the following year’s averages."

From this information I would say just your 2009 scores are required.

Bob Lawless

10. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Wayne of PA. The PSSA has stated in this years program that targets shot in september/october of 2008 will be counted for minimum requirments for the Keystoneopen, colonial classic, state shoot, ect. Not sure about the Grand.

Jason in PA

11. ivanhoe

Gary Waalkes

"In my opinion, when you talk about what will happen at the GA this year regarding targets you shot in Sept. and Oct - If you believe there will be a data base that has separated that information you will be disappointed."

Gary you may be correct I just find it interesting to note that in the Southern Grand program it has the statement about entry.

"4) The use of paper entry cards has been eliminated. Please be sure to have your ATA plastic card when you are at the entry windows. You will not be able to enter any events without your plastic card."

I also think this confirms that what you said about the information already being available now.

"If that were going to happen, it would have already happened and the data base would be available right now."

Target requirements for the Southern Grand.

"1000 16 yard targets registered with the ATA in the current and previous year."

Bob Lawless

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's the safe way to do it if there's going to be problem - maybe- about whether you will have the required targets to avoid penalty classification at the Grand or any other place, for that matter.

Go to the shooter information center on shootata.com and print out your 2008 targets using the "printer-friendly" link at the top of the 2008 year's results. Then you will have the whole story with which you can work out any problem which may arise.

If you do it right now and put it in your shooting bag, you'll have it for state and zone shoot or any other time you might need it.

Neil

13. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Bob,

The statement you found in the Souhtern Grand program has been there for a while and also appears in at least the Grand program and also pretty much any other shoot R.J. Staurt runs. The "paper entry cards" refers to what used to be called "squad tickets". It does NOT refer to the ATA Average Card. To ensure that you are classified correctly, you will still need to have your ATA Average ("Paper") Card with you. The ATA database that Bob uses usually lags 2-4 weeks behind so that they averages that pop up on the classifier's screen would not include the targets you shot within that time frame.

See page 6, points 1 & 2 of the Southern Grand Program.

Also, for the Indiana State Shoot, we will also use targets shot in September & October towards the target requirement. If the shooter does not have enough targets on his CURRENT card (and not looking -- I think it is 500 singels, 500 handicap, 300 doubles), then the shooter MUST have his 2008 card with him/her to have the targets shot in Sept/Oct count towards the target requirement. Failure to do so will result in the shooter being place in penalty classifciation.

Neil, I thought the printouts from shootata.com could not be used for classification purposes. Did I miss something along the way?

John

14. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

John, the part that can't be used is the yardage - that you need a soft card for - , since the SIC might note a reduction which the delegate or other official might have canceled but the news hasn't gotten back to the SIC yet. As far as I know, the class information is pretty solid and is widely accepted; in fact, it's all I carry most of the time being "H" coded as I am.

Neil

15. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Thanks for jogging my memory -- I remember that now.

16. ivanhoe

jevoliva thank for clarifying that for me. I stand corrected and wish to add that if they are talking about squad tickets they should say squad tickets...LOL

Bob Lawless

17. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Again thanks and I do understand. I was also in touch with Kathy Key at the ATA. Below is the reply I received.

You only need to record your score from November on this years card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.