1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Pocatello (Idaho) Gun Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pocatello, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Each year one of the most popular shoots in the Intermountain region is our Gun Shoot. This year it falls August 13-16 (Thursday through Sunday) and consists of 1100 Registered ATA targets. The reason we call it the "Gun Shoot" is that we give away a lot of guns. There will be 11 Weatherby Vanguard rifles, one on each 100 targets. These are given on a draw-score basis. At the end of each 100 targets, each score actually shot is thrown into a hat, and one of those scores is drawn at random. All shooters who broke that score shoot off, miss and out, for their choice of the remaining rifles. The only exception is that someone who already won a draw gun this shoot is no longer eligible - we like to spread the guns around. If the targets were singles you shoot singles. If they were doubles, you shoot a pair. If they were handicap, you shoot from your current yardage for that event. If nobody tied you and your score is selected, you win outright, no shootoff. We've had rifles won with 100 straight, and rifles won by novices with scores in the 50-60s. Everyone has a chance.

We also are giving away six Ruger 10/22 rifles for yardage gtoup trophies on Sunday's two handicaps, and a Ruger 10/22 Stainless as the Champion's Trophy on the last handicap. Finally, this year I decided to claen out the safe a little and am donating a Remington 1100 Trap as a draw gun for the Sunday morning handicap. To win this gun you must play the NRA Lewis Purse for that event. The money will be split three classes, 70% shooters, 30% NRA.

You will find a link to the program above. I am doing presquadding now - if you need to talk to me shoot me an email (also above), or give me a call on my cell, (208) 241-6436. I'm sitting at home recuperating fom bilateral knee replacement surgery, and have my cell and computer close, and a fair amount of time on my hand. Come see us for a great shoot.

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Up first time.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ånd Sir Pocatello is a classic trapshootin' gentleman.....Bob Dodd

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I plan to be out at the Club for an hour or so tomorrow around 1 PM. It would be a good time to catch me on my cell to get your spot.

Sir Dodd, I'm sure you know that ours is a mutual respect society. How's the arm?

Larry

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Up again. I'll be out at the Club today from about 6-8 PM.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Pocatello - 3rd surgery in 3 years for the ulnar nerve was a giant step backwards. Maybe years coming there will be improvement but the atrophy in the hand has required all sorts of changes in activities. 100 birds a day is max which leads me to Sporting and would be hard to explain at trap. Have a great shoot and do - breakemall.....Bob

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I will just be getting back from a week at the lake with most of the kids and grandkids. That's a nobrainer for me. Sorry Larry!

Hope everyone there has almost as much fun as I will be having.

See ya at Helena Gary?

Rick in Mt.

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Last up. I'll be at the Club tomorrow with my phone. We'll also be there Wednesday afternoon for those arriving on site.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.