1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Minnesota Singles Champion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by primed, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primed

primed Well-Known Member

A hearty congratulations to Eric. Truly one of the best.

And what can I say about Mark Stevens year. 2008 ATA coach of the year, Made the 27 yard line a few weeks ago at Owatonna and now a great showing in the singles championship. And his youth teams looked very impressive also. Of course behind every good man is a good woman. Just a banner year all around. Congratulations Mark!!

And then there's Wally with his doubles crown.

Could it be there's some magical powers in the aquafer west of the cities? Maybe we should move.

Congratulations to all.

Bob and Mary Lou

2. Ertz

Ertz Member

As good of shooters both Eric and Mark are, they are both ten times better people than they are shooters. It is class acts like Eric and Mark that make trapshooting the great sport it is. Mark sure has had one awesome all around year. And what can you say about Eric that hasn't been said before? Truly one of the all time greats in the sport of Trapshooting. Congratulations to both of you.

Tim Rawerts

3. t-bar

t-bar Member

Congratulations Eric, from your other Mom.

Bar

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Point taken John. When I stoppped to think about it, I have only met class guys out there.

How long did it take you to get home? I had 3 1/2 hours from St. Cloud to Roseville.

Bob

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Wow, What a shoot. Thanks for all the congrats! When I took that line with Mr. MN. Doubles shooter Eric Munson I had no idea what would come. I had a goal at my first shoot to face Eric someday and shoot off with him. We started as 5 good shooters, Danny Knutson, Nick Kubasch, Dave Vice, Myself and Eric Munson. We shot through the sun set, through twilight, through dusk, through half light and half field lights, through the dew settling, through the Misquitoes, the moths, dark and finally glowing targets bursting like fireworks in the air. Then the smoke from the guns hung heavy in the air as did a second line of dust at the break point.

After a hundred targets or so Danny was gone, Another 50 and Dave and Nick left. Then just us, Mr. Doubles and All american, against the old man nobody guy. We shot on! I sliped up and Eric rushed his shot to miss also and we continued! My stomach screaming for food, no lunch? I forgot lunch! I tell it to shut up, besides butterflies don't eatanyway, at least not today! We miss Miller time, the 9 o'clock news, and David Letterman is starting soon! Are we crazy?

Sally, my poor wife is forced to haul shells time after time to the line as we quickly burn up another box and then another. Each time she brings 4 boxes to the line Erics eyes open wider. He smiles and says "Nobody brings me shells" Each time he returns with two boxes and is sent away to find more. What the heck. In the end I miss the 8th target out and I am done. But wait Eric misses the very next target and my body awakes again. Several rounds later I again miss an early target and to my dismay Eric misses about the 20th target and we are tied? But the last target of this round is my down fall.

A roar goes up in the on lookers, We are greated by cheers and astonished faces and hugs,kisses and vigorous hand shakes. The best man won! Eric Munson, MN. Doubles boy is now MN. Singles boy too!

Congratulations Eric! It was an honor and a privilege to shoot with you my friend. A goal come true. My next goal will be to reverse the outcome someday. As I am older, it should be sooner, rather than later! Take care Eric and good luck at your next victims locations! What a fantastic day!

Your friend
    Mark Stevens
    aka: Coach

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Way to go Eric...keep shooting and someday you will amount to something special!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.