1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Minnesota All State Teams

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Please be advised that the 2009 Minnesota All State Teams have been posted on Ron Baker's MTA website for all to see. Congratulations to all those who qualified--Minnesota sure has some great shooters!

For anyone who hasn't yet visited our great State Shoot in Alexandria, Minnesota, this would be the year. We are celebrating our association's 100th anniversary and invite everyone to come join us in the fun. Mark your calendars for July 5-11, 2010. We can't promise you'll win but we can guarantee an excellent visit, Minnesota-nice hospitality, and lots of free extras just for sharing our Centennial with us. If you have any questions just pop me an email.

Respectfully submitted,

Sally Stevens
    MTA Secretary

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I got a welcome phone call from the northland yesterday. During a nice conversation, it was strongly suggested that I should come up for the 100th anniversary shoot. There were also hints that Friday evening's banquet may be a good time to expand on the "bawling steer" story from a few years back.

While I'm not sure if I'm welcome back in Minnesota, I've penciled in the dates and hope a few unsuspecting souls will squad with me. Failing this, I may be forced to contact the Southwest Iowa Clowns* to accompany me.

It's been a while since I've shot. Just how far away do we stand for the 16 yard targets? Is the state shoot a registered event?

Oh, and my congratulations to the 2009 team members!

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Lit,

While we've never met, stories about you are legendary. I have been warned all about you so naturally can't wait to meet you in person and look forward to seeing you at the State Shoot.

Coach says he'll squad with you any day, so that's good enough for me too. Bring a trailer to haul stuff home because the non-resident trophies are awesome!

CSJ

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Watch it Zardo, the next thing you know the Lit will want to room with you. Then he will want to stand behind you. Then he will, well, you get the picture.

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I don't know if you boys are scaring people away or actually enticing them to come visit!

Paper on the floor. That's actually a pretty good idea--I bet it'll work on teenagers and curfews too. I always learn a little something every day from TS.com!

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Zardo Zardo, I must say, considering your advanced age I would think you would be much sharper then this. Paper on the floor won't stop the Lit. This guy has learned to walk very lightly in his loafers. He has practiced his skills over many years of travel with the Iowa clowns he always speaks of. Those poor guys have suffered repeatedly at the hands of this creep. I mean the Lit has learned all the tricks. Button down flys, foam rubber bottom tennis shoes, this guy knows them all. He even carries a pocket full of quarters to leave in your hand after he's through. Don't take this guy lightly.

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Lit,

How are you going to shoot the Mt State shoot and the Minn State shoot at the same time? You aren't backing out now are you? Had a few Mt sheep lined up for you. Rick in Mt.

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Oh great, mountain sheep, that does it, the Lit will be in Montanna. He once told me that there was nothing better then to slip into a warm woolie during a chilly evening. Last time he was in Minnesota, his "flock of lovlies" as he described them, ate the grass so short by his buddies camper, it just recovered last year.

9. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Gentlemen,

I am taking back this thread. Please respect the intention for which it was published, to promote the 2010 Minnesota State Shoot (our 100th Anniversary) as well as the accomplishment of each shooter who made the team.

Sally Stevens
    MTA Secretary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.