1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Indiana State Shoot - PAT Traps & Trap Fields

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jevoliva, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

A quick update on the PAT Traps and the related trap fields at the IGC. As most of you know from Roland King's article in the T&F, the ITA BOD this past winter decided to pursue buying PAT Traps for the State Shoot and make the necessary changes to the trap house to accommodate the new traps. This decision was unanimous by the board as we feel that an update to our target presentation was badly needed. Couple this with the on-going progress of the move to CERAland (where we have envisioned having PAT Traps anyway) the BOD went ahead and decided to make the purchase for this year.

The State Shoot will be using 18 traps (16 program + 2 practice) and therefore we will need 18 PAT traps to make this a success. Phillip Baker well be renting us the four that he currently has at the Indiana Gun Club, dropping our purchase to 14. As of yesterday's meeting, we have already secured 3 donations of traps which will leave us with 11 now to purchase. In the coming week, each ITA gun club will be receiving a letter to update them on the progress of the project and to ask them to seek out additional donations of PAT traps to the ITA. We have envisioned that from the member clubs that several of their members will "pitch in" towards the cost of one trap. We have already secured a bid for 10 or more traps at $7200 per trap. Also this week, the ITA Zone programs will be mailed to each and every ATA member in the state of Indiana. Within the program will be another letter asking for individual donations for the traps. My personal goal is to have at least 7-8 traps paid for by donations before the state shoot and then hopefully secure the rest of the donations after the shoot. All donations will be recognized by a plaque on the trap field in a manner specified by the donor. These plaques will be moveable to the point of being able to take them with us to CERAland, if the move is finalized. We hope that many shooters will be able to pool whatever resources they may have an make a major impact on the Indiana State Shoot. The plaques will be a great way to give recognition to the donor or memorialize your favorite shooter that has made an impact in your life.

Along with these changes, the BOD has recognized that several of the trap fields are in disrepair to the point of many posts are difficult to obtain solid footing. The BOD has identified the 5 worst fields (mainly in the center of the trap line) and voted that these field be rebuilt, along with the traphouses. We will also be removing the slight curve to the trap fields in the middle of the line and square those fields with the rest of the line.

Also, in accordance to and agreement made between the ITA, IGC and Fortville some years ago, five traps that were not used at last year's state shoot have been removed. This was done in accordance with the city of Fishers. On the line, the western most and two eastern most traps were removed. Also, the two old practice traps that pointed SE were removed. I would like to take a second and sincerely thank Directors Larry Atwood and Don Carlton for their work on the traps fields, both with the recommendations for modification and destruction of fields. Director Tom Matthews, Bobby Hubble and Tom Neal also helped with the project to this point and they also deserve recognition. Thank you to everyone!

Finally, since I have mentioned CERAland several times in this post, there is not much new to report. CERAland officials are still very excited about this project and we are currently waiting on final engineering and cost projections for the project. We should have more to report sometime in May with a hopeful full announcement at the State Shoot, if not sooner.

Please feel free to contact me with at the e-mail above if you have any questions.

Thanks,

John Voliva<br>
    President<br>
    Indiana Trpashooters Association<br>

2. CBone

CBone TS Member

John,

Thanks for the update. Quite a few changes already and more coming. Looking forward to a good shooting season.

Bone

3. Jason B

Jason B Member

That's great news John, thanks for passing along the information about the fields & PAT trap plans, both in the short-term and long-term. I'm really looking forward to a great state shoot this year.

Even with all the talk in the media about overpaid high level executives, I think the IN BOD should at minimum double your salary!

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I will pass along the recommendation -- double of nothing is....

Wait a minute, I do get a golf cart. Sweet! Two golf carts for the State Shoot! :)

John

5. Jason B

Jason B Member

I forgot you got a cart in the compensation package too...I was thinking more like 2 hats in case you got one dirty. 2 carts would be nice but only if you loan one to me. See you soon John.

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Most everyone should have recieved their zone programs with the letter about the PAT traps. If you have any questions, please let me know!

John

7. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Are donations to the ITA for PAT traps tax deductible?

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

G-12.

The ITA is not a 501(c)3. Therefore, donations are not tax deductible. You know, I just had a thought. Assume for now that they are not, but I want to check something out.

Thanks,

John

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

John,

The ITA is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization according to a search of the Indiana government web-site.

Michael Stephenson

10. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Michael,

Correct. The ITA is a (c)7. Meaning the donations are NOT tax deductible. But, I am working on something.....

John

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

12. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

13. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

14. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

This is what I was hoping to see at ITA clubs across the state:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/38113231@N02/3506631430/" title="photo by johnvoliva, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/38113231@N02/3506630882/" title="photo by johnvoliva, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/38113231@N02/3506632060/" title="photo by johnvoliva, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Just think - we have 29 ITA clubs. If each club can collect $3500, we have met our goal! Harold put this jar out at Evansville Gun Club Wednesday last week and in 4 days time, he had already collected $1700!

15. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.