1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Indiana AIM Championship - Date Set!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jevoliva, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

At the ITA BOD meeting yesterday, the 2009 AIM Indiana State Championship date was officially set. The shoot will take place on July 18th at the Indiana Gun Club in Fortville, IN. This will be the Saturday following the Indiana State Shoot. Registration and squadding will start at 8 AM, practice will open at 8:30 AM, with the shoot to start at 10 AM. It will be shot over 8 traps -- unless registration numbers require the need for more traps. Preliminary plans are to use the traps located in front of the club house. The decision of whether to shoot all targets on one trap or split over 50/50 over two traps is to be decided.

I spoke with Phillip Baker, manager of the IGC, yesterday and he will be open for business on Friday the 17th for those who would like to practice. Shells will be available to purchase and Phillip will have his pro shop open. The BOD is working on having a gunfitter and gun smith on the grounds on Saturday.

I would like to thank ahead of time all of the directors that will be volunteering their time on the weekend after we wrap up the state shoot. Support of the BOD yesterday was outstanding and we should have at least 4-5 BOD members, if not more, helping out with this shoot. Also, thank you to Phillip for letting use the grounds to hold the shoot. A full list of "thank-yous" will be published after the shoot.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or Marvin Lester with any questions you may have. Our contact information can be found using the link above.

John Voliva

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

John,
    Please explain the situation between the SCTP and AIM. What's the difference. This weekend, here in Phoenix, I watched about 250 young shooters participate in an SCTP trap tourney. I don't know for sure but I don't believe this was an ATA sanctioned shoot.

I know that at the Illinois State Shoot a couple of years age we just didn't have enough traps at Brittany to absorb the increase of young shooters, so the SCTP was given their own week for their own state shoot. They decided to go the WSRC for their shoot instead. If so, how did we lose the SCTP kids? Did we screw up? What is your opinion of the AIM program and it's chances for success if the ATA has it's own program?

The SCTP increased our ranks through good promotion and I would hope the AIM program learned from the SCTP's excellent leadership and recruit likewise. I need enlightenment ! Thanks

4. Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson Member

John, I'm glad to hear you were able to work out the timing and details for the AIM shoot and as always, thank you for your outstanding support of our youth and future of this sport.

Shoot well,

Jim Thompson

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Barry,

See the thread above. Gives a pretty concrete explanation. I can fill you in more at the Illinois State Shoot.

John

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thanks, I read it. Good to know the AIM program is not just organizational thievery.

7. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Good news! Keith Heeg will be available both Friday (the day before the championship) and on Saturday for any stock work that needs to be done. As I posted before, Phillip will have the IGC open on Friday for practice for any teams that would like to come up early and do so.

We are working on seeing if we can have a gunsmith there also.

Thanks,

John

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

buuuummmmpppp

9. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

10. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Most everyone should have recieved an e-mail from Marvin yesterday, bu just in case some of the AIM participants check this more often than their e-mail :)

The price for targets for the AIM shooters tomorrow for the 200 targets will be $16 + $4 in ATA/ITA daily fees for a total of $20. The decrease in price was due to the fund raising efforts put forth by the ITA (Shell raffle), Tank Lunsford generous donation & a donated pallet of targets from the distrbutor we bought targets from this year. This decrese in price will also NOT drain the youth shooting coffers like it did in years past -- I am making sure that some money is "left on the table" to ensure we have funds for next year's shoot. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.