1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 HAWAII P.I.T.A. State Shoot CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Toddy, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddy

Toddy Member

I am throwing down the gauntlet and challenging all you mainland shooter's to be at the 2009 Hawaii State P.I.T.A. Shoot being held February 11 - 16, 2009 at the BIG ISLAND TRAP CLUB @ HILO.

President Mark Hironaga, email, limash3@aol.com has given me the OK to push this shoot to the max so that we could have a full shoot of 75 shooter's so let's stop sitting on our hands and give a hand to this club through a vacation that you'll never forget.

Last year I didn't start pushing until the end of Sept. and although I picked up a few shooter's, it was not good enough so I'm starting early and you will have NO EXCUSES like I heard this year so organize your next trip or first trip to the Big Island now and I will give you every assistance I can and if your Canadian I'll even organize your permit to import, Form6NIA that all Canadians require.

This years results are posted in another thread, "2008HAWAII PITA SHOOT RESULTS AS PROMISED" and also on http://www.shootpita.com, you can see that us Canadians did OK and all 4 will be back next year with an additional member on our squad.

Feel free to leave a yes you will attend, or comments if you have to and I will answer all emails sent to me.

OKAY, THE CHALLENGE IS IN, ARE YOU IN?????

ALOHA & MAHALO

Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC, Canada

2. ric m

ric m TS Member

Soooooo in! We will be there with bells and sunscreen on. Still nursing the burn!

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

It's tempting. My wife and I have been to Maui and Kauai, and have been talking about making a trip to the Big Island. I have only two reservations. First, I'd rather shoot ATA than PITA, but that's not a big deal. Second, I've heard stories about how difficult it is to bring a gun into the State - checking it in with the local police, etc. Is it really a hassle, worth the trouble?

4. Toddy

Toddy Member

Pocatello,

You can cross register your targets to ATA.

It seems to be a bit of trouble as you have to submit papers before you go so they can start the works and then the police have to inspect your guns and serial #'s and then they have to be registered in Hawaii by taking your picture and finger prints and then you are good to go and this has to be done within 3 days of landing on the Island.

I am now registered and only have to report to the police station so they can check serial #'s and if I take a different gun then I will have to register it all over.

It may seem like a hassle but really it's not so bad and I guess everyone in power has to flex their mussles to show they are in control.

I was hoping that some of the people that did go this year will comment on their experiences.

Hope you don't let this change your mind about going.

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, BC

5. Toddy

Toddy Member

Feb. is gone already and March is upon us in 1 day and then that will be gone and next thing you know you have run out of time....

R.T.

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Maybe in Canada........but here in the States we have one more day....LOL

Wish I could go.......Rickyd

7. ric m

ric m TS Member

Hey Toddy!!!
    She's MY GIRL TOO!!! lol Rick

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I tried to register in Lahaina, Maui - the last trip in and after 3 trips to the station and no one, and I mean no one, knew the proper procedures - I didn't go back and no one stormed my hotel room. I shot sporting on Lana'i and the club ranges on Maui all fine and well. Wasted more time trying to register than I spent shooting if I had to think about it! (lol)

Jay

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

Jay,

The Big Island Trap Club sends out the forms that you fax in to get the registrations of your guns started and all you have to do is take your guns to the chief of police in Hilo and they will check serial #'s and get your picture and finger prints and issue you registration papers to show your guns are registered in Hawaii and this only takes an hr or so off your vacation...no big deal and once you are registered then the next year all you have to do is show them your guns and registrations.

I must admit that I did not go to the police station the 1st 2 years I went and had no problems but it is the law and if I had an accident with the guns in my car...I could have been in a lot of trouble but knock on wood, that didn't happen and now that I am registered, I feel much relief for the next year I go...

Hope to see a lot more people there next year, take care and good luck....

Reg. Todd

10. Toddy

Toddy Member

Talked to a few people at the shoot today at Cowichan Trap & Skeet Club and a couple said they were interested.

R.T.

11. Toddy

Toddy Member

I would like to know how many are even thinking of going and if I can be of any help then let me know and if I can't answer your questions I will steer you to someone that can.

R.T.

12. Toddy

Toddy Member

Has anyone been watching the Volcano, Kilauea at the Halema'uma'u crater as it is spewing gas from a vent and at night you can see the red hot lava.

I will try to attach the website that you can view 3 camera images that is updated every 15 minutes.
    This crater has changed configuration since I was there in February.

Please leave a comment as I would like to keep this thread alive until February 2009 and hope to see a lot of you there at the State P.I.T.A. which you can cross register to ATA targets.
    Here is the website to view cameras.......
    just highlite,copy and paste in your browser should do it. ENJOY.

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/cam3/

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, BC

13. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

i am going to O'ahu on the 20 of this month i would love to go to the big island for the state shoot, but i dont think i will have the money to go back that quickly, and i am pretty sure the little lady wont want to go to hawaii just to watch me shoot, but hopefully someday, i would love to shoot in every state before i die.

14. Toddy

Toddy Member

KOLAR,

Show the mrs the Kilauea website and get her interested in the big island and maybe she will drag you there in Feb. 2009.

just click on the above and copy then paste in your browser and it will show you the Halema'uma'u crater inside Kilauea that is active right now. as I said before, it has changed since I was there in Feb. and the volcano, Pu u'o o is also active and spewing lava into the ocean again but to see this you have a 4 hr. hike 1 way.

Very interesting stuff.

Hope to see you there.

R.T., E.S., BC

15. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

What the hell......... Toddy, email me a program 2008/2009 and a list of close motels/ and or rentals where one would stay that is close to the club. This sounds like fun, as I am relinquishing my Vegas NASCAR tickets this coming year, so I will be looking for something different. l.g.

16. Toddy

Toddy Member

Thanks Little Gambler, you have mail.

Reg. T.

17. Toddy

Toddy Member

The Halema'u ma'u crater at Kilauea is still active and a must see at night.

18. airborne

airborne TS Member

I am going to Hawaii n June. Will be in Honolulu on he opening of the state shoot. I will have 2 grandsons that shoot the SCTP. We would like to shoot, is there any place to rent guns and buy shells. If not then we will classify and buy some hats and watch. Jack A

19. airborne

airborne TS Member

Thanks Toddy. I will start a new thread. Jack

20. Toddy

Toddy Member

Well, it's official now because my flight and rent a car are booked and paid for.

I didn't go through Expedia.com this year and instead went straight to Alaskan Airlines and got it cheaper than any other airline or expedia and I realize that Alaska is in with NWA but was cheaper than NWA.

I also had to book with Hawaiian Airlines to get from Honolulu to Hilo and back but that is also done and Alaska Air has an agreement with Hawaiian for luggage so all I have to do is tell the clerk here in Victoria to book my luggage straight through to Hilo so other than Customs with my guns,,,,I have no worries as they would say in Australia.

This year at the State shoot we had a gentleman all the way from Oklahoma so hopefully next year he will be back with more people.

The entry forms are not ready yet but if you contact Mark Hironaga at limash3@aol.com (that is the email address in email box) and Mark will take care of your needs.

4 months of this year are gone already and you won't get them back so think hard about it and for the female shooter's there is a challenge from my daughter, the 2008 Ladies Hawaii State Champion for you to consider and if you don't shoot, you will still enjoy all that the Big Island has to offer including an active Volcano. Check it out....http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/cam3/ .

See you there...Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.