1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Bluebook Value of Colt Woodsman Match Target?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GW22, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Could someone please post the 2009 Fjestad's Bluebook values for this pistol, 1st Series, in all conditions 90% & above?

I was kind of hoping to get my hands on one of these collectible babies at a reasonable price with the economy being down and all, but I saw two sell at a local gun shop recently for what seemed like astonishing prices (both for well over $2000!)

If there are any true experts on these out there, please comment about what's going on. I recall people losing their marbles a few years ago when Model 42 prices went nuts and people started phonying them up in search of suckers. Is this just a similar spike or have these been going up steadily over the past few years since I bought my last Fjestad's?

I'm only asking about original 1st Series Match Target models with Elephant Ear grips and legitimately marked MT magazine -- not Woodsmans in general, or later series MTs.

2009 FBB values, and any well-informed constructive Colt collector comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gary

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Is there a reason you can't look it up yourself?

AndyH ;-)

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Its only 60 bucks at Barnes and Noble.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

No it's free at Barnes and Noble, it's a library doncha know?

I sold one last year IIRC it was a 2nd or might have been later, in the box 95% for $575. It's like a Python, everyone talks about how valuable they are but when the talking is over nobody pays those big prices unless it is something really rare.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Again, I'm respectfully asking for 2009 FBB values and constructive comments only please. I saw two sell locally in the last month and personally watched a collector peel off (28) $100 bills for a stunning/minty one.

Thanks for the MT website tip, Richard.

-Gary

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Colt Woodsman 1ts Series Match Target- .22LR ca. only, 6 5/8 in. heavy barrel, commonly called "Bullseye" Match Target, mfg. 1938-44, production totaled around 16,000. Difficult to find in mint condition. Values listed assume original one-piece extended walnut grips.

Percent-Value

100-3,000

98-2,500

95-1,800

90-1,100

80-950

70-900

60-850

In the lower conditions, much of the value derives from the original walnut "Elephant Ear" stocks. The value of the stocks, in excellent original condition, can actually exceed the value of a lower condition gun. The extended plastic stocks, as used on the military version of the Match Target, will fit on any 1st Series Colt Woodsman and are not to be confused with the one piece "Elephant Ear" stocks.

Referenced verbatim from the Thirtieth Ed. Blue Book of Gun Values by S.P. Fjestad

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

EXCELLENT. THANK YOU, Remstar311! I appreciate your help.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blue book value of colt woodsman

colt elephant ear grips woodsman for sale

colt woodsman 1st series value

colt woodsman for sale
colt woodsman match target 1st series value

colt woodsman match target price

prewar colt match target woodsman with elephant ear grips for sale
value of 1939 woodsman bullseye