1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 ATA Volunteer of the Year

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Wally,

There is no one who deserves this award more than you. Words can't describe how happy Coach and I are for you; first winning Minnesota State Doubles Champ and now this! We all know that your biggest supporter is your bride, Sheri--all those years of helping you at the club, supporting your dream to make it the best in the States, now flipping burgers every Thursday night. We talked to her tonight and she is so incredibly proud of you. That alone makes you the luckiest man alive.

See you when you get home. Hit 'em all for us, too.

Sally & Mark
    [​IMG]

2. Ertz

Ertz Member

You took the words right out of my mouth Ron. Three years, three huge ATA awards. IMHO BGC is not only the best three trap gun club in the UNIVERSE, it also one of the best gun clubs in America, period! A couple weeks ago I won a prize worth about $50 for shooting the 100,000th registered ATA target that BGC threw for 2009. Who the hell keeps that detailed records? Well, Wally Shelstad does. Congratulations Wally.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

This Wally fellow just won MN doubles championship athe the MN state shoot. Shot a lone 99. Then again, he should have won. He has been setting the BGC doubles targets just like the MN State ones at the MN state home grounds in Alexandria.

Congrats Wally.

4. B.G.C.

B.G.C. TS Member

Wow! Thanks everyone, it was a real honor to receive this award.

Just heading from the hotel to the grounds to shoot some targtes.

Again Thanks everyone! Special thanks to my bride Sheri for supporting me!

Wally

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Sally

Thanks for posting a picture I can recognize. Don't know the guy in the first picture.

Wally

We're very happy that the club won in 2007. We know that doesn't happen without your efforts and the efforts of others at the club. Truly well deserved. We don't know anyone that puts in more effort to support this game we play. Thank you and congratulations.

Bob and Mary Lou

6. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Wally,

Congratulations on your award, as the 2008 winner of this honor I know all the hard work you have put into the sport.

Enjoy the fruit of all your hard work.

Best.

Gary Bombalicki

7. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Gary,

I remember you from last year's awards--Mark won the Coach of the Year award with Jim Sable that night too. We talked just beforehand and learned a lot about your club and everything you did to earn your award, so impressive. Wally is the same kind of organized, dedicated person as you are and I hope you'll get to meet each other one day.

Sally

PS. Did your all glass award make it home in one piece?

8. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Well done! Congrats. Glenn

9. bas

bas Member

Congrats Wally!

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Time for a little clarification. The first picture referred to in my previous post was some guy in a coat and tie that I did not recognize. Ron has switched pictures since my post and I do recognize that guy. LOL

Congrats again Wally!!!

Bob

11. JACK

I'm only a casual member of BGC and a part time shooter in MN trapshooting but from my perspective, anyone that has the nose for sales promotion that Wally Shelstad is more than "Volunteer of the Year". A meaningful award to a dedicated and creative guy. Congrats W... Congrats again.

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Just as I am proud to be a life member of the Buffalo Gun Club, I was honored to be able to shake Wally's hand after he received his award in front of the crowd in the grandstands Monday night.

If every one of us, including me, (and including you), was as successful in gaining new shooters for the ATA and keeping them happy and shooting, the ATA would be the fastest growing organization in shooting. He has done, and continues to do, the outstanding and successful work the "Volunteer of the Year" award was created to honor. Good job, Wally, and congratulations once again.

Neil

13. 67shooter

67shooter TS Member

Crongratulations on earning this award Wally!- Brody Padgett

14. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

If you're in the neighbourhood of BGC tonight between 5:30pm-8:00pm please stop in! Wally's home from Sparta, leaving early to come home and run shoots this weekend, true to form. We're going to engage in some heavy celebratory activities and everyone's invited and, as always on a Thursday night, there will be shooting!

15. Ertz

Ertz Member

Can't make it tonight so don't do ALL the celebrating tonight. Looking forward to shaking Wally's hand on Saturday.

16. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

For you, Ertz, we'll party BOTH days! Frankly it's always a party around that place.

We'll also celebrate one of our youth shooters, Jon Mellum, who placed 3rd in his class during the AIM shoot last weekend in Sparta, and acknowledge all the kids that made the trip down there. Like I said, party-central. Lots of sugar and, since it's Thursday, burgers and fried onions on the flat top. Coach's dream date--fried burgers, cake and shooting! Sounds like our honeymoon.........

17. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Amen Calamity,

Give me two LIPITOR and show me to the burger bar! Looking forward to another fun filled night at Buffalo Gun Club! Finally my turn to roast some one. Turn about is fair play!! Congrats, Wally and Jon!

Coach!

18. JACK

Classy move you posters. I appreciate your candor and humility. Thanks Jack

19. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Congratulations Wally, I know nobody works harder to support this great sport than you do. Well deseved and I will see you on Saturday

Keith

20. McD

McD TS Member

Congratulations Wally! I'm sure I'm dead on when I say that you didn't put your efforts and time into the BGC and the ATA for an award. This award gives credit from those around you for the dedication & service you given to further our sport. I will restate that your club gave me a feeling of being at my home club from the time I walked through the door and you are one of the main reasons for that. Again, congratulations to a much deserved honor and I'll see you in March for the Coach School.

Jim McDiffett
    ATA Head Coach Trainer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.