1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2009 Alaska State Shoot July 15-19....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

The Alaska State shoot (ATA) will be July 15-19 at Birchwood just outside of Anchorage.

Dave Cross has the club running like a fine watch, we've increased the added money over 2008, and we're lining up a heckuva shoot for you folks.

We're going to have our traditional steak feed on Saturday night.

And for those of you that had the smoked salmon at the Missouri Handicap, we'll have some of that around to snack on.

email me or send me a PM...we'll help plan your trip. Make sure you get all the good things on your to do list.

We had a GREAT turnout of out of staters last year and are hoping for more this year - hunt up someone who came and have them tell you just how much fun we have.

Happy Holidays (a trip to Alaska is a GREAT Christmas present for the family) everyone...

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska ATA President

2. trident

trident Member

Will be a great shoot, we've even ordered lots of sunshine for this one!

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

WOW, I am planning on a Salmon trip to the Kenai to fish......traveling on that Sat, the 18th.....maybe I will go a day early!!! hmmmm

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hey Frank make sure you stop in. I'm located at the bridge in Soldotna. Who are you fishing with? Hell you might as well come up a couple days early and shoot a round or two. We have fun every night after the shoot eating and drinking beer and throwing horse shoes until the sun sets.

5. Ted

Ted TS Member

It will be 70 degrees - Jeff says so!
    Ted

6. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

To Frank C, Lucky B*&()%. Hope you have fun. I just wish I could go.

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

When Pokorny speaks no one listens! LOL Just kiddin Jeff. I think if Jeff is going around promising 70 degrees if it's not he should buy the beer?????

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=JeffPokorny.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I PROMISED 70 degrees and I DELIVERED 70 degrees, dammit.

Look at that themometer!!!! Look at that sunny blue sky (pay no attention to the ominous rain clouds on the edge of the picture)....clearly at the time that picture was taken, it was sunny and SEVENTY DEGREES (at least on the brown table I set the thermometer down on before we took the picture, in the interest of full disclosure). Why, I think I even saw Ted WITHOUT his winter shooting coat on for a minute or so there.

And Ted, rain only melts two things. And you didn't melt. Your thin southwestern blood might have frozen, but you didn't melt. Clearly, you just need to drink (more) heavily to keep an appropriate level of antifreeze in the blood. Besides that...we gave you pelts to keep you warm.

if it doesn't hit 70 degrees at least once during the shoot, I WILL buy everyone at the shoot a beer.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Its been asked a couple times...yes, we're telephonic with the western zone...we fax scores back and forth, and shootoffs are handle the same way

we had 3 shooters win zone trophies last year, plus as a zone site we give Class zone site HOA buckles.

jeff

10. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I shot these pictures (link above) at this year's State Sporting Clays Champioship.

If you're thinking of going to next year's trap state championship, START PALNNING NOW!!

B&B's and fishing guides book up fast.

[​IMG]

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

During our drought months this is what our club is like:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=DSCN1467.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Oh hell that was the wrong place.

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Ed, does that fish look familiar? You smoked it for me :)

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

Of course I remember it! Here it is on the rack smoking:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view¤t=smoked-salmon-rack-full.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

LOL. The only fish I remember was the first one I caught with my dad about 43 years ago when I was 5 and one King salmon that I fought for over an hour from the bank and it got away other than that NO. I have seen millions of dead salmon in my lifetime and they all begin to look the same. DEAD. LOL Unitl you have seen a tender boat come in with 50,000 fish onboard or a halibut boat deck loaded with only enough freeboard to stay afloat if they stayed under power you have not seen fish. Well I hope you enjoyed your smoked fish and I will see you next summer.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view¤t=images17.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Merry Christmas

Jim

14. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Hi Jim,

With the crappy economy, how do you think the crowds are going to be next year? Will the guides and B&B's be OK?

Either way, I'll be there.

What's the name of that pizza place right up the street fom you? I really liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.