1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 World All Around Championship

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Date: May 08 - 11, 2008

Locations & Schedule:

Prairie Creek - Kilgore, Texas

Friday May 9th 10:00am: 50 Flyers and 100 English Sporting Clays

Dallas Gun Club - Dallas, Texas

Thursday May 8th 9:00am: 150 American Skeet & 150 American Trap

Saturday May 10th & Sunday May 11th 9:00am: 50 Helice, 100 Bunker Trap, 100 International Skeet, 75 Fitasc & 100 5 Stand

Sunday May 11th 3:00pm: 25 Targets “SUPER FINAL”

-------------

Cost - $5,000

(If paid by corporate/private sponsor, or group of Individual sponsor receives 80% of winnings)

Format - 900 All Around Targets

-------------

http://www.elmfork.com/shotgun/world_allaround/World%20All%20Around%20Flyer%202008%20(PDF).pdf

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

So what.

Don

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

ATA TRAP

$17,000 Payout

Dallas Gun Club Thursday May 8th 9:00am

50 - 16 Yard

50 - 27 Yard

50 - Doubles

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Now you are talking and I wish I was in Dallas. Instead of shoveling this white stuff.

Don

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If the contest had about 150 more 27yrd. targets I think there would be more than 21 shooters like last year.

6. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

What is the likelyhood of someone from TS.com entering? There are alot of great shooters in this forum AND there are 5 months to practice. Last year "King George" won 1st place and took home $41,000+

7. bertonernie

bertonernie TS Member

PBB

Why not nominate Harlan Campbell ? He is the captain of the ata All American Team.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Ray Stafford would be a great pick.

9. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

If y'all are going to do this, be sure to get your hat in the ring before there is a waiting list, don't want to hear a bunch of whining about how well someone would have done if they could have just got in.

As I noted in the other thread, I don't see how you can lose, at least on the trap segment, so you/they can just have fun on the rest of the event and be money ahead. Shooting first day, looks like they have made at least one excuse irrelevant.

Since trap and its shooters are superior to the others, why not have 10, or 20 shooters entered? As was said, you've got 5 months to practice. Get 40 entered, a trapshooter has to win, right? Shouldn't be a problem, since there are sooooooooooo many more trapshooters than anything else, and they shoot sooooooooooo many more targets as well. Right?

10. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I've shot with both Harlan and Ray, they'd both be great----as a start. Leo is a danged good all round shot as well. That's three!

11. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

All of these big time trapshooters have sponsers for guns, shells, etc. Any of them could get the entry fee from these folks. If nothing else, they have made enough money off of their high priced clinics, DVD's and winnings off the average trapshooter to have the entry fee.

Come on trap's big time shooters, come on this forum and tell your legions of admirers why you won't enter the 2008 World All Around Championship. "If your scared, say your scared".

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Maybe just maybe they don't give a crap about the shoot. The only ones all warm and fuzzy about this are a bunch of big mouthed sporters who want to live in the glory of Digweed. Why should traps best take time out of the prime of their season to play in this silly challenge. If it doesn't bother them why should it bother anybody else.

DoubleAuto: I would be careful about your choice of words, someone just make you eat them.

Don

13. bertonernie

bertonernie TS Member

Maybe Ricky Marshall ?

How many is on the ATA All American Trap Team ?

14. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Is there anybody from TS.com that will be attending this in May? Between this and the other thread it is creating some pretty good discussions.

15. DoubleAuto

Your so easy BIGDON. I don't think your skin is thick at all. Maybe your brain, but not your skin.

16. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Whats all the bitchin about? There has been a program posted and you are invited. All you need if $5,000 and the time to go do it. There are many good shooters on this board, trap, skeet, sporting, whatever. This event is for those who can shoot and are not fearful of being beat. There are not any LOCKS in this event.; All the fellas last year shot the same events (targets). some just shot better than the others. The sporting guys shot trap, skeet, zzs and flyers. All you gotta do is bring your money and shoot. Bet you could get up a card game...roll some dominos or whatever. Dont bitch about it. Go shoot with the folks if you can afford it. I for one cant, but I sure admire the ones who can, and will. If you are gonna be a bear...be a grizzly. Fred

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Double: all I see out of you is a big mouth. I've said before bring your sorry ass and take our money if you're so good.

Don

18. DoubleAuto

Ah, BigDon the bully. Looks like I am good at getting your pompous, blowhard bowls in an uproar. Try to calm down and have a good evening.

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Double: I am far from an uproar. You're like the little ankle biting mutt, just a minor irritation to be kicked aside. By the way I had a great night after shooting 150 TRAP targets yesterday, even tho it was snowing and 4 degrees.

Don

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Sporting Clay shooter's are the ones that could not cut it in competitive trapshooting!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.