1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Shoot Attendance?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SI, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SI

SI TS Member

At our local trap club meeting last night the main topic of conversations was in trying to plan for our shoots next year. What do the rest of you think the impact of $46.00 shot and $3.20gas will be on attendance? I know for one that the amount of shooting I do will significantly decrease primarily due to the price of shot. I got back into trap shooting in 2003 for recreation and have really enjoyed it and attending some of the major shoots but the price of shot takes allot of the enjoyment out of this so guess I will just do more fishing next year.

Dan

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

The buzz around our club is that most will continue to shoot but pick their shoots more carefully. They also indicated that practice is going to be cut back, or quit, and many are going to 1oz or less loads. Most of our guys are buying home shot or reclaimed and using it on 16's and first shot of doubles to save money.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

And also don,t close you gun untill it,s your turn

4. HHS

HHS TS Member

Will cut back about 100 rounds a week in practice but hope to attend more registered shoots. I have the wife shooting now so it's easier to attend a two or three day event. Each year I try and shoot 1500 - 2000 more registered birds over the previous years total so this years I'm aiming for 10,000.
    It will all come down to dollars though, if I have them I'll go, if not I'll stay home.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dan- The cost of shooting will probably have a negative impact on the number or registered birds your club throws. My guess would be something like 5-8%. But, the weather conditions on the days that shoots are scheduled will have a greater impact. Heavy rain on one or two scheduled dates will have a greater impact than the cost of gasoline.

Pat Ireland

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

zar And your still talking out your rear

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

That is because your offer is silly when all you need to do is post the rule . Why would you need anyone to help you post a rule ??

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

and What Rule are we speaking of??

Curt - Delaware

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

zar I guess we now have the last word .

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I don't practie much right now and actually prefer just going to a registed shoot one a month or so.

My plan is to have a 1000 handicap, singles and doubles before the grand then shoot maybe 6 - 8 events at the grand.

Other shooting would be 4 skeet shoots, and maybe a 3 - 4 sporting clays that would give me a total of about 6000 targets this year if I budget approprately.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.