1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Ohio State Shoot Program

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dean Townsend, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Townsend

Dean Townsend TS Member

The program for the 2008 Ohio State Shoot is now available on the OSTA website listed above. The advertisements HAVE NOT been included, in case you want to download and print. Hope to see you all in June!!!!

2. Dean Townsend

Dean Townsend TS Member

The above link did not seem to be working, so you may have to type it into your browser bar window. Once again the web address is www.ohiotrap.com .

Thanks!!

3. mobear

mobear Member

This is the link to the state shoot program.

Dan

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Dean:
    I'll be there again this year for the second time.You guys run a first class shoot and the Cardinal Center is a first class facility. Only complaint is that you can choose your banks. cu in June.

john

5. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Did you mean to say that you "can" choose your banks.......or that you CAN'T ?
    I shot the Ohio State Tournament last year, and while it is a nice facility, that was my biggest complaint -- that we could NOT choose banks.

It seems all the "big guns" and State Officials (along with many others) etc. had gotten all the shooting positions on the East Banks. Of the entire tournament, I was able to draw a bank on that side of the clubhouse for but ONE event.

I did manage to shoot my best handicap score of the week there - a 94. There is a decided background advantage to that side of the field, and that is precisely why most of the best scores come from down there.

I heard talk of removing more trees on the west side of the grounds, and perhaps that would level the playing field a bit more. It is sad that so many shooting facilities have "preferred" banks, and that more do not use a rotating system to equalize that segment of the competition factor.

BUT -- that is another "can of worms". I'll end this right here.......

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Unless I cannot read my own typing, there was no mention of Dean Townsend running "squat" (YOUR terminology) at the Ohio State Shoot.

My only complaint is with the assignment of banks, and TRUST ME -- Ohio is not unique or alone in this debacle. I live in PA, and we are also subjected to the same plight. It appears that the same shooters get the same banks, and at the same time of the day for every tournament there, too.

I guess they just have better "luck" when the pre-squadding entries are "drawn-at-random". *rolls eyes*

There will undoubtedly be those who will staunchly refute my insinuations. Before you waste your (and my) time with defensive replies to my charges of improprieties in pre-squadding at major tournaments, I offer a very simple solution : Let's publicly draw a number EVERY morning at your tournament, based upon the number of program banks you plan to use for that day's events. That number becomes "bank # 1" for that day.........and so on.........

Let the squealing begin !!

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Dean,
    While on a roll, can you give me the dates for the Cardinal Classic and the Buckeye Classic?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

K80 -- that is what we do at the Indiana State Shoot.

9. monroesc

monroesc Member

Tom,
    You can go to www.cardinalcentercamp.com or I can just tell you...
    NE Zone May 17 - 18
    Buckeye classic May 29 - June 1
    Cardinal Classic Aug 20 - 24

Sara
    Monroe SC

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Drawing for banks should be done the night before the shoot or very early morning and very public with posted time for drawing so it can be viewed.
    sheets can be pre-printed with the trap numbers added after drawing and printed and distributed and posted at the obvious conspicous places for shooter information.

This is the way they do it in Michigan, a fair way of getting banks and should be made an ATA rule for all registered shoots, does away with the favortism of
    shooting the same banks every day of the shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Ii heartens me to see that there are others who share the same principles of arriving at a fair playing field for all competitors at registered tournaments. By now - I would have expected a rather HUGE backlash from some...

Perhaps I have struck a very real nerve, and those who benefit most consider it in their best interest to remain silent -- so long as things remain status quo. Refuting what many know to be truth would merely draw additional attention to the subject. That attention MIGHT bring about change, and that would be bad news for the inside track members.

I will be the first to admit that the top shooters will always fare better -- on any given field. I would just like to see and know that there is movement toward a higher level of integrity, with respect to pre-squadding "random drawings".

12. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Ii heartens me to see that there are others who share the same principles of arriving at a fair playing field for all competitors at registered tournaments. By now - I would have expected a rather HUGE backlash from some...

Perhaps I have struck a very real nerve, and those who benefit most consider it in their best interest to remain silent -- so long as things remain status quo. Refuting what many know to be truth would merely draw additional attention to the subject. That attention MIGHT bring about change, and that would be bad news for the inside track members.

I will be the first to admit that the top shooters will always fare better -- on any given field. I would just like to see and know that there is movement toward a higher level of integrity, with respect to pre-squadding "random drawings".

13. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I apologize for the double posting. I did not realize that the first attempt had succeeded.

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

K80........ it did seem somewhat unfair last year that the big guns were all shooting on the east side, which in my opinion is the preferred side. However, usually when I shoot good, I'll shoot good anywhere and the same when shooting bad. I'm not at the point where bank background/wind makes a difference to me. But I did hear some grumbling last year about it. Good luck and c u in June.

15. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I certainly am not a big dog and I certainly do not have pull with any of the higher ups, and yet, I, consistently got the end and bank area and time of day that I wanted the last few years that we shot the grand at Vandalia and the Ohio State Shoot at Vandalia! The last two years, we have squadded and pre-squadded at the earliest possible pre-squad date, and I shot almost all of the events when and where I preferred to shoot! I can understand the naysayers not liking preferential treatment as far as the banks go! Can you tell me how this little dog got what he wanted the last five years?! Furthermore, due to travel time and planning for the day, I cannot believe you expect people to show up at 7:30 a.m. just to see where and when they are to shoot! It would not make me very happy to arrive at 7:30 and find out I don't shoot til 2:30 p.m.! Even if I do not get the banks I want, the time of day is even more important to me! Help me out on why you want to eliminate this large benefit!? P.S. Although I prefer the east end due to sky background, I have won my biggest trophies and paychecks from the west end! Tom Rhoads

16. pa pete

pa pete Member

Dean, Thank you for the information about the 2008 Ohio State Shoot Program.
    "Pete" McDonough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.