1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 GRAND

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by missed some, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missed some

missed some TS Member

a lot has been said about the grand some good some bad well here is my 2 cents worth.As a shooter I would like to thank everyone who puts this thing together!! The dedication of these people is simply amazing. I was on a target setting crew so had a handheld radio, let me tell you there is something going on every second of every day at a shoot of that size and It has given me a better understanding and I should say patience for when things do break. I want to thank everyone who made all that possible, I came home with a whole different perspective of shooting and I have been involved with several parts of the game for several years.I could go on and on but once again, THANK YOU
    mark crist

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Nicely said Mark.

3. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

And once again, Thanks to all the folks that made it happen.........Roger

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. There are many of us who really appreciate the hard work that goes into this venue.

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Was there really a shoot in Sparta this year?

6. hilger

hilger TS Member

it was a grate shoot rooferbob & as good as it gets kenny hilger

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

JD You can thank me for the weather. I could not go this year so the powers to be penalized me by putting the best weather posible. I will not tell them I am coming next year, in the hopes they will ablige accordling. - Jim

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I loved the Grand at Sparta this year! In case I haven't said it before, thanks to all at WSRC for great food, targets and VERY, VERY friendly and helpful people. It's starting to feel like home to me. Just a very few crabby trapshooters, but it wouldn't be a trap shoot without 1 or 2 of those.

For the last two Grands, I've been on the final wave of the handicap. Last year we had trap help out picking up hulls, emptying the trap houses, etc while shooters were still competing. This year I noted the same thing. I asked the line official, in a nice way, if he could withhold doing that job until the adjacent traps were emptied. He responded in a positive and respectful way and honored my request. I noticed in the following handicaps that that problem was solved, on our bank anyway.

What more could one ask.

Special thanks to volunteers!!!

milt

PS, the only thing lacking at this years Grand was many of YOU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.