1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2008 GRAND SCTP SCHEDULE OPINIONS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Unless I missed it, I didn't see a thread on how people liked the new SCTP schedule this year; i.e. holding the championship separate and immediately preceding preliminary week.

Our third year participating, my family seemed to like the new set up. It allowed us to concentrate all of our attention on our kids. Shooting only 100 targets a day without subsequent events did leave us wanting more however. Conversely, the extra time did facilitate vendor shopping, fishing, and other activities. I think it was also great that all of the SCTP disciplines ran back-to back.

This year we returned home preliminary Thursday, which gave us an opportunity to shoot at least the first three events on opening Wednesday. I was subsequently fortunate enough to return by air for the last several days of Grand week to participate in the final events of the tournament.

While I think we should probably leave things as is, I do wonder how it'd work out if the SCTP finals were held in between Preliminary week and Grand week. This would allow dads, moms and kids to more easily enter at least a portion of Grand week.

I believe your constructive feedback on the subject would be interesting to many.

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.