1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"2007 was the warmest on record ..."

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

For those of you who don't know, NOAA is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

The above link is a USA Today report from this afternoon. For the direct NOAA link go to http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2008/20080115_warmest.html

OK, naysayers, fire away.

2. Remo

Remo TS Member

There are several studies out that contradict that one.

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

For those of you who don't know, NOAA is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

The above link is a USA Today report from this afternoon. For the direct NOAA link go to http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2008/20080115_warmest.html

OK, naysayers, fire away.

4. Remo

Remo TS Member

There are several studies out that contradict that one.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

And your point is?

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

Weathermen can't even predict the weather next month. So how are they able to predict what the temperature is going to be 50 years from now?

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Now add the winter temps and divide. What do you get for an average??? NO CHANGE in fact a little COOLER the last four years..

Next!!!!

Rock

Jim

8. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Ah, the old saying comes to mind. Figures never lie but liars figure.

Did you actually read the article that was written by an organization that’s sole existence comes from grant money milked by way of creating a problem to solve? No different than Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton’s wealth has come from creating racism where non exist.

Per your linked article, 2007 was the 10th warmest year in the US (only counting modern history of course) and the 5th warmest in the world history. Unfortunately in their attempt to frighten more money out of the world the headline forgot to mention that there findings were not counting temperature over oceans (well over 2/3 of the earths surface) including frozen oceans at the south and north of the planet. So they did a good job of distorting actual facts.

But just for your reading enjoyment I’m listing the World Record Temperatures below. Remember these are from the last 100 years or modern history. The reality (according to scientific calculations) is that the world was 60% warmer 250 mill years ago. I wonder where they hid the SUVs?

World/Africa, El Azizia, Libia 9/13/1922 136f

North America, Death Valley, CA 7/10/1913 134f

Asia, Isreal, 6/21/1942 129f

Australia, Queensland, 1/16/1989 128f

Europe, Spain, 8/4/1881 122f Tell me how many SUVs and how much Freon were they omitting in 1881 in Spain, those rats must have caused all this!

South America, Argentina, 12/11/1905 120f

Canada, Saskatchewan, 7/5/1937 113f

Oceania, Philippines, 4/29/1912

Persian Gulf (Sea Surface), 8/5/1924

Antarctica, Scott Coast, 1/5/1974

South Pole, 12/27/1978 7.5f

And if you’re so sure that we're causing global warming please explain why our neighboring planets are experiencing the same warming trend as us over the same time period. Or maybe you could explain that if world temperature was looked at over a thousand years, there has been NO acceleration that could possibly be linked to human activity. You also might want to review your sources recent grant applications and ask them where and how much their funding would be absent of this global catastrophe. Ah the all mighty dollar, now what would you like the report to say?

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Anybody that thinks that the climate in Minnesota has not warmed in the last 50 years doesn't get outside much. I could always use my spear house on Thanksgiving weekend on Minnetonka when I was young. Every year.

Now it's never frozen at Thanksgiving, and yesterday a truck went through Leech Lake, which in those days would have a yard of ice on it.

It's getting warmer. A lot warmer.

Neil

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Mars is warming also. We did that too.

Rock

Jim

11. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I can see it all now. The new cash crops in the mid west will be bananas and coconuts.

Jim

12. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I can't tell you what is going on.

I can tell you 25 years ago I rode down the Mississippi in a Jeep truck and raised nets through 30 inches of ice.
    Tommorrow I am going to take my boat to raise nets.

Something is not right,I don't give a rats ass what some of you think.

Bocephas

13. Brian in Oregon

Well, if anyone here feels global warming is such an issue, please, by all means, sell your vehicles and take public transportation. No one is stopping you.

14. quicky

quicky Member

-12 outside right now, and Pocatello should be getting a little of that as well. Junkscience.com has a $150,000 reward offered to anyone who can prove that global warming is caused by man. Take them up on it! Quicky

15. deadelk

deadelk Member

So what? Nothing you can do or say will alter the earths' climate. Humans have been adapting to weather change for as long as there have been humans. Do you heat or cool your house or car? Best to learn how to break that hard right or teach your cat tricks.

16. Brian in Oregon

Common sense? You want to talk about common sense? That's pretty funny considering the subject matter - the global warming scam.

17. Hauser

Hauser Member

Heres the first paragraph of a report on an warming event that took place in Europe.

"The Medieval Warm Period (MWP) or Medieval Climate Optimum was a time of unusually warm climate in Europe, lasting from about the 10th century to about the 14th century".

Hard to blame this on human activity.

The link to the full report is as follows:

http://www.cassiopedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Medieval_climate_optimum

Jerry Hauser

18. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

it was so hot here for three summers in a row that i closed my hvac business because the ac's weren't breaking down cause nobody was running them.we did also have mild winters which also contrbuted to my company's demise but not as much. there have been great strides in stemming freon leaking to the atmosphere but it's still getting warmer. maybe we should ad more regulations. and also tell the sun to cool it. how long before someone decides all the shells we shoot are contributing to global warming and try to ban shooting.jackmitch

19. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

hmmmmm was a mild sommer here.

20. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Its the sun stupid!!LOL When solar flare activity is high the earths temp. has always been warmer. Its not a coincidence that other planets in the solar system have also warmed. Ofcourse thats just my opinion, I could be wrong. Josh Andersen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.