1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2007 Toyota Tundra Mileage

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tandemdude, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

I was just wondering what kind of mileage everyone is getting on the 2007 tundra with the 5.7 engine, thanks Norm

2. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

3. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

4. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Why do people think they are funny, by making stupid comments.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I will tell you even know your on a trap shooting forum. Mine is a crewmax 5.7L 4x4 with 1300 miles on it so far. It gets 17-18 mpg in town and 18-20 mpg on the road at 79 mph w/ air on. I am very happy with these numbers excpec. with the kind of power it has. Get one you will never look back.

6. BMC

BMC Member

I've road tested two for publication. Both were 5.7s. One was a DC LB, the other a Crew Max. Both got similar fuel mileage after one week of driving, both city and highway. Here we don't compute city and highway separately, because most of the highway driving is stop and go at some point. The average was appox. 11 mpg for both vehicles. The Crew Max limited had the popular fuel mileage window, which I never saw more than 13 mpg in the window, and that was freeway driving. If you hang out on TundraSolutions, you will see that fuel mileage appears to be all over the board, depending on how truthful people are when disclosing the events that led to their mileage figure. The general consensus appears to be that on average you can expect somewhere between 8-10 towing and 11-15 casual driving, mostly freeway or highway. It is also said to make sure and keep the LSD off, as that appears to have an effect on fuel economy.
    I just picked up my Double Cab, 4x4 Limited with the 5.7 that Toyota USA gave me to build for promotional events and editorials. I'll give you my experience with THIS TRUCK and how it fairs for mileage.
    Brian.

7. Mikeegak

Mikeegak TS Member

tandemdude,

The stupid comments is why I will never again ask a question or post an opinion on this forum.
    I had some gun parts
    that I offered for sale on this forum and was blasted. I went to another forum and sold the parts in about an hour.

8. BMC

BMC Member

Mike, you have to remember, during the day it is safe to assume the vast majority of the posters here are grouchy old men with nothing to do but haunt the net each day. Some are genuine, others genuine assholes made worse by the candid internet. Don't let them bother you. Its like ignoring that loud mouth grumpy grandpa at the dinner table. They smell, their skin is rotting off, they smell like mothballs, they grunt, groan and speak the loudest when complaining. See what we have to look forward to.
    Talk to those who have their shit tied on straight and ignore the other bozos.
    Brian.

9. FIB

FIB Member

I recently bought a 2007 Tundra, regular cab 4.7L, SR5, 4x4, 8' bed. I have about 3,000 miles on it and have been pleased. I'm getting 13 mpg in town and 17 mpg on the highway.

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

My 2000 5.3 Silverado 4x4 with 60,000 on it gets 21mpg hwy. I don't see what's so great about the 'Yotas. And I'm not an anti. I had an '86 Toyota 4x4 4 banger yrs. ago.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

2000 tundra xtracab 4.7 109k When I drive normal and keep my heavy foot off the gas pedal 15 17 around town 20 high way when you can actually cruise for any amount of time on the highway, Boston Ma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.