1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2007 GRAND SQUADING AND PENALTY QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Is Pre-Squading the only way to squad-up a group of shooters during the Grand, or can it be done at the facility? From what I understand from reading the program, this year the computer system will randomly select squad/bank assignments, which lends me to believe getting a group of shooters together on any squad can only be accomplished via the mail-in pre-squad form.

Also, the program says sub juniors and juniors may waive penalty if they elect targets only. Also, HDCP requirements are waived for senior vets. Although not emphatically stated in the program, am I safe in assuming that nobody else can waive penalty and shoot targets only? For example, my wife probably won't have her HDCP requirements in, are her only options to shoot a 25yd penalty, or pass shooting HDCP events?

Thanks, Guy

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Anyone can shoot targets only at any shoot and avoid penalty. John

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

John- Are you certain that all clubs will do this? It is a club option.

Pat Ireland

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Pat -

Thinking logically about this (something that I know you do a bunch of), why on earth would a club choose not to allow someone to shoot targets-only?

The money the club makes on a TO shooter is the same as they make on a shooter that shoots penalty. Would a club risk losing a shooter for this. Essentially you have someone who shows up to say I want to pay to shoot and not be eligible for any prizes.

What am I missing?

Thanks - Scott

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Up for some feedback on squading at the Grand part--or is it a stupid question???

In regards to the TO issue, why would they only mention Juniors and Sr. Vets as being able to waive. If the choice applied to all, I'd think they would clearly state it in the program. This leads me to believe it's up to the organizing committee at any given shoot.

Guy

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Guy -

Waiving target requirements and shooting targets-only are two different things.

When they waive target requirements, that means that those groups do not have to meet the target minimums and therefore will shoot their regular class/yardage. They are eligible for trophies and are allowed to play options.

If a shooter declares targets-only, they will shoot their regular class/yardage, but are not eligible for trophies and are not allowed to play options. You would only choose targets-only if you were not in the group for which target requirements were waived.

Hope that clears it up.

Scott

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks Scott it does perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.