1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2006 Chev Diesel-Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by seymore/82, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

I have had my Diesel since 2006 and just recently it developed a oil leal that looks like it could be coming from the upper area of the engine block. I have read there is aluminum between the engine block and the oil pan. The oil pan seems to be leaking also but that is minor. Any feed back would be appreciated,

2. goony

goony Active Member

You will need to pressure wash it until it is clean and raise it up so you can see the where you think it is leaking from. You will have to run it until it leaks to pinpoint where it is coming from. Normally when you drive it the fan and air flow can push the leaking fluid away from the leak making it difficult to determine where it is coming from. Are there any oil pressure sending units near where you think it is leaking? PM me if I can answer any of your questions.

Mike

3. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

Seymore82; There is an addative you can add to your oil and check with a black lite.We use it all the time. It comes in yellow and green and you can't miss it

4. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Mine was the pressure sending unit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.