1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2006 bt-99 forearm loose

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NO-WAY, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NO-WAY

NO-WAY TS Member

NEED BEST FIX FOR LOOSE FOREARM ON BT-99 . SHOOTS LOOSE IN 25 TARGETS.

2. blaster

blaster Member

you need a machinist to make you a piece. call roger eubanks 208 337 4212

3. wproct

wproct Member

Just curious. There should be three screws, one wood screw and two machine threaded screws that go into the forearm locking bracket on outside of the forearm. Are all three coming loose? And have you tried lock-tite on the machine thread screws. Again, just curious. This has been kind of a known problem on new BT's, but I haven't experienced it yet on my 2009 model.

4. NO-WAY

NO-WAY TS Member

JUST the back two loosen. BROWNING told me not too use lock-tite. I ask them what to do, no reply!!!!!I cant believe they still sell this problem!!! early summer, had to tighten every 100, at grand had tighten every 25.

5. wproct

wproct Member

Thanks for the response. I know that Browning doesn't recommend lock-tite. What I have done on my 2009 is use a small drop of medium strength (blue) locktight on the threads of the machine thread screws, and a drop around the head of the wood screw and firmly tightened them. So far I haven't had any problems. However, that's just been my experience and certainly wouldn't advise anyone else what to do with their BT99. Again, thanks for the info.

6. arend003

arend003 Member

Had this same problem .. first my local gunsmith used lock tight did not work at all. Took it to Tom Larkin at thestockshop.net and it was the wood screw. He replaced it with a threaded insert and machine screw and have not had a problem with mine or my wife's BT's since

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If you want to avoid LockTite, use a drop of clear nail polish on the threads. It holds good and is the screw is removable when needed. Just a little more muscle needed.

Big Jack

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Some Locktite is heat sensitive... the nail polish idea is excellent!

Jay

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It just shows you, "they don't make them like they used to." I would buy a used 72-74 year before I would buy new. Shot my first 25 with one. They were great guns and still are. The best SBT gun for the money in my opinion. The serial number would end with D27, D37, and D47. I know it does not fix your problem, but they are classics. Jon

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I own a '79 Pigeon and a late model SHOT Show "special" with the laminated stock. Personally, I miss the "ejector", but since the "special" is my "guest" gun, it doesn't affect me and the "extractor" actually creates less confusion for a guest when I instruct.

Results-wise, they both break birds well... always been an easy gun to learn to shoot!

regards all,

Jay

11. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I had the problem of screws loosening on my BT-99. I used acuglass on the wood screw and blue loctite on the machine screws. No more problems. My wife's BT-99 golden Clays does not seem to have the problem. Bob K

12. blaster

blaster Member

there is a way to fix its so that it looks factory but will hold for live. call me at 208 249 7635 shaun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 forearm loose

bt-99 forarm is loose