1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2005 Rolex Submariner all stainless

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by romie, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

I have a customer that wants to sell his 2005 Rolex all stainless sub.He will take $3500.It is in mint condition new price is almost $6000.I will have it till Friday. 662 334 4387 Farnsworths Jewelers
    Monty McGee

2. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

Can we shoot traps with Rolex:)

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

a worse investment than a new car

4. billdennis

billdennis Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Not sure about worse investment. I bought a New one in 2001 froma dealer at full price. Didn't wear everyday but used it alot. Just sold it a few months ago for a New one that a guy used 1 time and didn't like it. long and the short got all but $100.00 what I paid for it new. Paid $1200.00 diff for a new one. Not sure that was a bad investment. I have spen more money on shooting in a few mins then that in 9 years..

5. turbonick

turbonick Member

0   0   0

A worse investment than a new car???
    How many Rolex watches have you bought? Do you buy and sell them? I'm sure the answer is no and none. I have a stainless steel Rolex Daytona which I bought for $6,000 10 years ago. It's worth more than $10,000 now. So unless you're talking about a brand new Hemi Cuda or a Shelby Cobra a Rolex isn't "a worse investment than a new car" not even close

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

hey lou-- what time is it???!!!!

7. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

A Rolex is not for everyone kinda like a Holland and Holland or a Porsche.It is fine craftmanship that not everyone can understand or afford.This is a deal if you wanted one and could afford it.
    Monty

8. todman2

todman2 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I bought a 1999 stainless sub for $1900.00 invested $350 into cleaning and service. Owned for 5 years and sold last year because I bought a Stainless & Gold Submariner got $2950 and the buyer thought he got the deal of the century.

As the new ones go up in price and demand increases the used one will continue to increase in value, just the increase in gold cost have increased the value in my watch.

You have to look at it as jewelry want a watch you buy a timex
    if you want a investment you buy a rolex.

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Explain this! The all stainless are fetching more than the two-tone ones.????

10. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Joe
    It is about condition and how origional just like shotguns.I purchased a 4 E Ithica for $1200 the otherday that had choke tubes in it and it was re browned.If it had not been it would have cost me $3000 or more.I have a friend that has an older Sub Steel and gold aftermarket band and bezel.$3000.
    Monty

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think I got the best deals on my Rolexes- Paid $108.00/ in 1967 for my Submariner @ Navy Exchange in GITMO & paid $1500.00 for my Day/date/ President in Singapore in 1968. Gold was $35.oz then. Don't think I'll ever lose on these purchases.

Phil Berkowitz

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

Guys...

Bought a Rolex Sea Deweller in 1984 for $1100. In 2008 I traded for a Stainless and Gold Submariner valued at $6000 and got $2500 cash to boot.

Tom

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WHERE YOU GONNA FIND A 35K FABBRI??

14. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

They only sell for such outragious prices because of Rolex's clever marketing strategy. Rolex is very protective of their image. They are nice watches, I have a date-just. Take away the image and they are worth far less. A Rolex is a machine and requires an oil change like a car engine. That's 500 bucks, should be done every 5yrs, crazy. How many people really do that. There's no way I would pay big money for an old one that has likely not been maintained. I think the day-date is the nicest watch on the planet.

15. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Jerry
    You can replace most all parts except the case.I had a customer that ran a president into a saw and cut a pretty good chunk out of it.Rolex would not repair it or replace it.We were able to repair it to where you couldn't tell it by looking at it but it was not waterproof anymore.

16. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

Hell, I paid $25 for my Rolex in China, it keeps perfect time.

17. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

You mean like this one! Got as gift about 15 years ago...Never has skipped a beat. I'd love to trade it for a sub....

18. shark1

shark1 Member

0   0   0

I do not like bad investments, but Rolex over the years has yielded some very good returns. Rolex today might be another story. I always like the 1675/8, 16758, Cellini, or older 2 two tones. Vacheron well I wish could have bought those at the right price. Excellent time piece but not the best, still a good investment you use every day. Michael Sharkey, DC

19. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

romie, And those parts are so affordable. My point is that if not serviced every moving part becomes worn. It is like not lubricating a trap gun. Those parts can also be replaced.

They will not sell a case that would enable you to create another Rolex using a non Rolex movement. In their eyes, the watch was "totaled".

TrapCrazy , That watch should be serviced every 5years. Would you buy a car that hasn't had the oil changed in 3 years and has never skipped a beat?

20. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I never said it wasn't serviced. I said it just has never skipped a beat since I got it. I've had it serviced twice. Lucky for me my buddy does it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.