1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2005 Grand American ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by olddeanin Pa, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olddeanin Pa

olddeanin Pa TS Member

I have some Winchester AA ammo with the 2005 Grand American logo on it. Is it worth anymore than regular AA ammo or should we just shoot it?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Same question, similar stuff. I have a wooden Winchester box with lockable lid (the ones you see as trophies at shoots) that holds 10 boxes of 12-gauge shells. In it are ten boxes of NRA-commemorative AA trap loads, two boxes each marked for the 2000 through 2004 Grand Americans. What's something like that worth and is there any interest in it?

I also have four boxes of Remington Premier trap loads specially marked for the 100th Pennsylvania State Shoot, which was held nearly 20 years ago.

Ed

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Me too I have at least one box of FED 82,91,92,94,95,AA 99(100th) 00,01.
    Active 92, Fiocchi 91,92. All of the shells and some of the boxes are
    stamped with GA dates or logos. Doesn'ts seem to be much interest in them.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Use them in the $100,000 event at the Grand this year. HMB

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The ATA marked shells seem to have 0 interest among cartridge/shell box collectors. Haven't looked at mine lately, but as I recall, only the Fed boxes say on them the year and the GA wording. The Win and Rem you wouldn't know they were anything special w/o opening the box. My brother is an avid box collector and toted them w/ to shows and had them on his table and nobody even looked at them. He quit dragging them to shows and took stuff that was saleable. I think they are only of interest to ATA shooters and not many of them care.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Thanks - I guess I'll shoot my first-ever new AA shells!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.