1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

2000 round report on Cynergy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

After trying out, and buying a Browning Cynergy Sporter, I thought I would share my observations.

The firearm has all the quality and excellence of fitting and function expected of a Browning. The only alteration I performed to the gun was to buy a set of bore matched Angleport chokes. SK, SK, IMOD, F, F. (I ALWAYS get these chokes. It is a confidence thing. I KNOW they work)

I was at once impressed with the gun's ability to soak up recoil. The "pogo stick" recoil pad WORKS. Although I am normally unwilling to shoot heavier loads, I shot several flats of 1250 foot 1 1/8 oz reloads with not one single flinch. Also, there was no "shakedown cruise". The gun fits me, and I immediately shot it as well as my K-80 which I have had for 7 years. Although a little lighter, it has less felt recoil than my K-80, which also fits me.

The gun shoots around 65/45% for me. I added the 1/4" extension included with the gun.

In one weekend, I shot good scores at 16 yard singles, caps, dubs, Skeet, and Bunker with only a choke change. The gun handled very well shooting both low gun, Intl' and pre mount.

The triggers were very consistent, and both seemed the same. They are mechanical. Unfired hulls are lifted about .415", compared to .145" for my K-80. Removing loaded rounds with gloves is monumentally easier with the Browning. Empties eject about 3-4 ft. There were ZERO problems with a multitude of promo hulls, both steel and brass types.

After approximately 2000 rounds of a good spectrum of loads, the lever is right at the wood, where it was when new. The gun is tight, and really feels good to handle and manpulate. Both barrels shoot the same POI as close as I can tell at 13 yards. It is very lively yet full sized with the 30" barrel. I never got one single face slap with it. Very quick second shots at Bunker targets, when needed, were natural, and the gun did not have to be manhandled.

In summary, Browning has put a lot of thought and development in this firearm. Although I bought it as a backup, I have not shot my main tournament gun since I got the Cynergy.

It seems to be every bit the backup gun I wanted. I may fly to Colorado Springs with a team for competition, and did not want to fly with my high grade Krieghoff. I was and am pleasantly surprised with this new Browning. As one who formerly performed warranty repair and service for Browning, I should have expected this level of quality and practicality.

I would buy it again, and consider it a keeper.

2. Shooting Coach

Picture of Cynergy.

3. Shooting Coach

Another pic of Cynergy. Quality of wood is not apparent in photos.

4. Shooting Coach

It seems like I read of a Spears release for them. It was on this forum.

A better pic, details, and a good wholesale price is on the website pasted above. If above does not work, cut and paste this one.

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?ref=gb&productid=31247#fullSize

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.